Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on a nitrous plate

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on a nitrous plate

i have a bbk 80mm tb on my c5, it was there when i bought it. can i buy a 78mm plate kit and open it up to 80mm? and now for the dumb question, could i use a 90mm plate? would it create a low pressure area in the 5mm gap around the perimeter?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cguth
i have a bbk 80mm tb on my c5, it was there when i bought it. can i buy a 78mm plate kit and open it up to 80mm? and now for the dumb question, could i use a 90mm plate? would it create a low pressure area in the 5mm gap around the perimeter?
I can get you a 3-bolt 78mm plate opened up to 80mm for a little extra. Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in. As far as running a 90mm plate, they have a 4 bolt pattern and it wouldn't work.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
I can get you a 3-bolt 78mm plate opened up to 80mm for a little extra. Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in. As far as running a 90mm plate, they have a 4 bolt pattern and it wouldn't work.
thanks for the offer, but i am good friends with the owner of a machine shop. but thanks very much for the answer now i know what i need to do.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cguth
thanks for the offer, but i am good friends with the owner of a machine shop. but thanks very much for the answer now i know what i need to do.
I have the same issue . And I emailed texsas speed and they told me that 78 will work just fine cause the intake manifold is stoke
Old 11-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by perfect.ta
I have the same issue . And I emailed texsas speed and they told me that 78 will work just fine cause the intake manifold is stoke
thanks for the info. seems to make sense. it is only 2mm difference so that is one mm all the way around. i will just check to be sure the throttle blade dosent hit anything. but it wont be long and i will just pony up the money for a fast 90/90

Quick Reply: question on a nitrous plate