Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous help and suggestions please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous help and suggestions please.

I have a stock ls1 6 spd, racetronix 255, with battery and harness upgrades. Looking to put a200 shot on it in the spring and also add a cam. Car already has long tubes and true dual 3" exhaust to dump. I blew the rear end last summer and after much consideration i bought a DANA S60 from carl loader. I also bought a tunnel brace w/ safety loop, torque arm relocation, adj. torque arm, adj. lcas, strut tower brace and a chromoly driveshaft. Already in place is tubular panhard rods, and 3 point bolt on subframes. I dont know if gearing really matters but i have the 4.10s with chromoly pinion support.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated... Again cam and spray..

Guess i didnt put what i was wanting.. Looking for help choosing a cam that would give me the most power gains and still be nitro friendly.

And sorry im a little new to ls1tech and trying to figure it all out

Last edited by trpleblck; 12-04-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

What's your question?
Old 12-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Sorry guess i left thta out... Just looking for some suggestions. I looked T the polluter from tick..
Old 12-04-2013, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Heres what i think... First of all i would start with a 100 shot. A 200 Shot of Nitrous will probably break your manual transmission especially if it hooks up or if you start banging gears.

You need to use a Lingenfelter LNC-2000 Timing Computer & a Lingenfelter window switch to protect your engine. Timing computer is a must to pull timing out when injecting nitrous so you dont blow your motor. Window switch should be set to turn nitrous on at 3000 rpm & off at 6000 rpm. This will prevent a lean backfire that could blow your intake apart. Window switch shuts off the flow of nitrous before your factory rev limiter/ Fuel cutoff goes on which could lean out your motor & cause a melt down & sieze your motor....or big backfire Boom ! lol.
If i were you i would install a Fuel pressure safety switch also.
A Purge solenoid & push button switch is important also.
You will need a bottle heater later also if its cold where you live.

Use a specific Nitrous Hydraulic Roller cam. Comp cams offers these cams & they are expensive but work great on or off the bottle.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Martin@Tick performance, he's a vendor on here, and does great work with cams.

-Garrett
Old 12-05-2013, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NOS LS1
Heres what i think... First of all i would start with a 100 shot. to start a solid foundation of tuning before stepping up to a bigger shot. A 200 Shot of Nitrous will probably NOT break your manual transmission because people have been running 9's on stock T56 setups for years no problem but it depends on your driving skills ultimately.

You need to use a Lingenfelter LNC-2000 Timing Computer & a Lingenfelter window switch to protect your engine. or any other brand such as HPtuners, MSD etc will work fine Timing computer is a must to pull timing out when injecting nitrous to help you prevents he possibility of blowingyour motor. Window switch should be set to turn nitrous on at 3000 rpm & off at 6000 rpmor whatever you plan to spin the motor depending on your valvetrain setup, cam, gears etcThis will prevent a backfire caused by fuel puddling in the intakethat could blow your intake apart. Window switch shuts off the flow of nitrous before your factory rev limiter/ Fuel cutoff goes on which could lean out your motor & cause a melt down & sieze your motor....or big backfire Boom ! lol.
If i were you i would install a Fuel pressure safety switch also. optional
A Purge solenoid & push button switch is important also.
You will need a bottle heater to regulate the pressure inside the bottle so the tune is more consistent with each pass.

Use a specific Nitrous Hydraulic Roller cam. Comp cams offers these cams & they are expensive but work great on or off the bottle.
specific nitrous cams aren't needed for a small shot of nitrous like a 150-200. Will it benefit a little? Yes. Is it worth all the trouble to buy a nitrous specific camshaft at this level? No. Martin at tick will spec you a cam that works great for maximum N/A power and that is very nitrous friendly. No sense in choosing an all out nitrous cam for a weekend warrior on a small shot

Fixed.

Quick Reply: Nitrous help and suggestions please.