Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My nitrous install thread...!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got bottle in...super happy with how this came out.

Make template.

Cut holes in template.

Transfer holes to bottom carpet...make removable.

Install bracket.

Install bottle.

Stand back and take picture.

I am going to tweak the wires back there a bit but for now it is good.

All thats left is to wire everything to terminal strips under the dash. Then cross my fingers that I got all the wiring right. Nothing has been tested along the way.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing is going to be done and flying very shortly boss.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Friday night at 8:30 pm this is what I started with.

And at about 12 that night this is what I ended up with.

Went out this morning and started. Got the tps and tach wires routed. Also moved the power for the aeroforce to the fuse panel in the glovebox.

Everything loomed up and looking factory.

Now back to the challenge...

And...done...

And money shot.

Must say I do love these leash relay boards. Really like the LED lights that show you what is happening. For example...I have the bottle heater wired into a pressure switch to turn it on and off. Well when the heater is on and the pressure gets above the preset rpm it kills the heater...it is easy to tell this because the led shuts off. The led's also light when the system is spraying and when the purge is activated.

I must say I love the microedge also. So many features I did not even know it had.

I hit it with a 50 shot tonight...it felt GOOD.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well this is what I came up with on the purge for now...I still have the long piece of hardline that came with the purge but I also had a short piece I wanted to experiment on. I got it as flat as I could then formed it into this shape using pipe cleaners as templates. I then sanded it with 1000-1500-2000 grit and polished it to a mirror finish.

This is a hard thing to do and keep looking clean. It doesn't really discharge anywhere...just sends an area of mist out of the grills lol.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Looks beyond good. Whats going on with all those terminal strips under the dash? Those just to extend the wires everywhere? And what features does the Microedge have you didnt know about? Does your purge come out at an angle that you can ensure that it is indeed purging from the driver's seat? I know my old man had to move his to where he could see it after he launched with the bottle not open a couple times.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Nice scissors btw lol
Old 06-02-2014, 05:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BSmiff
Looks beyond good. Whats going on with all those terminal strips under the dash? Those just to extend the wires everywhere? And what features does the Microedge have you didnt know about? Does your purge come out at an angle that you can ensure that it is indeed purging from the driver's seat? I know my old man had to move his to where he could see it after he launched with the bottle not open a couple times.
The terminal strips are just connection points. I wanted to be able to remove wires without cutting soldered joints and figured this would help with trouble shooting if I ever had an issue.

I am also powering my aeroforce scangauge, aem wideband, and nitrous pressure gauge off of the fuse box in the dash. I wired up a provision for the launch control portion of the leash board also incase I ever add it in the future.

I did not know that the microedge had all of the delays. I can delay the initial hit for .01 second all the way upto whatever...so I might have the possibility of spraying in first afterall.

There are also delays between gear shifts if I choose to use them and delays if I ever let up on the gas because of traction issues.

No I cannot see the purge from the drivers seat. IDK if I will keep it there or not...thinking about turning that down at the end and attaching softline to route it somewhere. If I brought it out a few more inches and then angled it up I would be able to bring it out the drivers side hood scoop. Have also thought about bringing it up through the cowl and spray it towards the windsheild.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Nothing wrong with that. You are going to pick up a ton. You got a gopro for some in car vids?
Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have now hit this with a 50 shot and a 100 shot. Everything is acting as it should and everything feels great.

I want to get to the track and try out the 100 shot then up it to a 150.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Congrats on the success man. Should be scootin the track back on that 150.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Bump to the top. You hit the track yet boss?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump to the top. You hit the track yet boss?
I have taken it to the track a few times...the problem with our local track is there is little to no track prep for the most part. I'm having trouble getting a good 60 ft time.

From last friday I ran a 12.2 @ 116 with a 2.05 60 ft time on motor. I tried to leave at 3000 rpm with 16 psi in the tires and just spun. I made another similar motor run.

I then made a 100 shot run with delays on the nitrous hitting between shifts. Similar launch and similar 60 ft.

I then ran a 11.8 @ 124 with a similar 60 ft time on nitrous. Something happened this time and I miraculously hooked leaving at 3000...I then bogged to 1200 and had to ride the bitch back up. Here is a video of that run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rejzVhNeBqE

Love that bitch falling on its face lol.

DA's were close to 3000 that night. At this track I always run my best times closer to fall.

I will be going back often to try to work things out.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slammin86
I have taken it to the track a few times...the problem with our local track is there is little to no track prep for the most part. I'm having trouble getting a good 60 ft time.

From last friday I ran a 12.2 @ 116 with a 2.05 60 ft time on motor. I tried to leave at 3000 rpm with 16 psi in the tires and just spun. I made another similar motor run.

I then made a 100 shot run with delays on the nitrous hitting between shifts. Similar launch and similar 60 ft.

I then ran a 11.8 @ 124 with a similar 60 ft time on nitrous. Something happened this time and I miraculously hooked leaving at 3000...I then bogged to 1200 and had to ride the bitch back up. Here is a video of that run.

DA's were close to 3000 that night. At this track I always run my best times closer to fall.

http://youtu.be/rejzVhNeBqE
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slammin86

Nothing wrong with that pickup getting it dialed in. Did you pull the plugs after the nitrous pass and give em a look over?
Old 06-20-2014, 05:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nothing wrong with that pickup getting it dialed in. Did you pull the plugs after the nitrous pass and give em a look over?
Nope I did not pull the plugs. I am running the br7 and have pulled out 4 degrees of timing across the board under wot from 3000 rpm and up. I am running between 22 and 24 up top depending on what cell I am in. Since that was a 100 shot run I did not mess with it.

I do plan to really dial things in and learn how to read the plugs as I work my way upto a 200 shot but for now I am more focused on getting the car to launch and get the 60's where they should be. Even though it is a big heavy IRS car with these tires I should be able to get into at least the 1.7 range with my 60 ft.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Got a new pb last night on a 150 shot.

11.38 @ 131.6 on a 150 shot.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:53 PM
Teching In

looks like you smoked the other guy there... ha
Old 06-30-2014, 01:42 AM
TECH Resident

That other guy had a 1.34 60 ft and lifted lol
Old 07-05-2014, 05:57 AM
12 Second Club

been checking this thread once a while, awesome work and progress, keep updating, and vids.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:41 PM
9 Second Club

Great install and write up. I've been thinking about how I am going to install the electronics for my nitrous controllers, I just found it. How are the plastic pieces attached to your glove box?

Quick Reply: My nitrous install thread...!