Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wat should i be looking at for stock engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wat should i be looking at for stock engine

Hi guys i just bough a 2001 z06 and was thinking about adding nitrous.
plan on using the car on the street(dd) with some track weekends.
it has a borla cat back exhaust and a volant cai as it sits right now.

i am clueless about nitrous, just finished reading the sticky and think i should be looking at a ~100 shot dry kit with a wot switch, no idea if i should use a plate or nozzle, any help is appreciated

Would install it myself and have it tuned locally if needed.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

I would go with a wet kit if possible. Plates are said to be better but I use a NX "Nitrous Express" shark nozzle my self on my Camaro and my Mustang and I love their stuff. I even use their stuff on my GSXR 1000. Their products are top notch. Just using a wot switch would be fine and a progressive controller would be helpful. I hope this was some help.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
Hi guys i just bough a 2001 z06 and was thinking about adding nitrous.
plan on using the car on the street(dd) with some track weekends.
it has a borla cat back exhaust and a volant cai as it sits right now.

i am clueless about nitrous, just finished reading the sticky and think i should be looking at a ~100 shot dry kit with a wot switch, no idea if i should use a plate or nozzle, any help is appreciated

Would install it myself and have it tuned locally if needed.
Wet kit is simple and easy. You can use a dry system but it will require additional tuning over a wet system, because you have to tell the fuel injectors to put out more fuel, as I'm sure you are aware. You could run a nozzle or a plate for 100 hp, you won't have any distribution problems with either one at that power level. If you would like some pricing or have any more questions, let me know!

-Garrett
Old 06-24-2014, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

Hey man actual ZO6 nitrous expierence here is how I had mine setup I ran a TNT Wet nitrous kit 150 shot stock ls6 got my fuel off the fuel rail bleeder port gapped the plugs one stage colder, and ran a window switch with a Wide open throttle switch. Mine was an 04 z06 so I had the bigger ls6 cam and on the bottle with street tires and a stock clutch which by the way wont hold up for long I ran a best of 11.20 @ 125mph in the 1/4 my 60ft time was crap like a 1.60 and my 1/8th mile was like a 8.12 not bueno way too much wheel hop all the way through 3rd if you didnt pedal it with traction control off with traction control on you just spent way to much time in shut down if you hold your traction control switch down it will put the car into competition mode which is a less agressive traction control but it still hinders the car too much on nitrous if you are looking for good trap speed and times I would build it as a progressive setup mine would come in at 3000rpm and shut off at 6500 and i would shift at 6800 you want the nitrous to shut off before you shift so you dont have a charge built up in the intake. BTW for what its worth from a 80mph roll if it wasnt a 1000cc or larger street bike it couldnt take me and I even made a Ferarri my b!@ch on 59 in houston out by Sugarland.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Whiskeyboy84
Hey man actual ZO6 nitrous expierence here is how I had mine setup I ran a TNT Wet nitrous kit 150 shot stock ls6 got my fuel off the fuel rail bleeder port gapped the plugs one stage colder, and ran a window switch with a Wide open throttle switch. Mine was an 04 z06 so I had the bigger ls6 cam and on the bottle with street tires and a stock clutch which by the way wont hold up for long I ran a best of 11.20 @ 125mph in the 1/4 my 60ft time was crap like a 1.60 and my 1/8th mile was like a 8.12 not bueno way too much wheel hop all the way through 3rd if you didnt pedal it with traction control off with traction control on you just spent way to much time in shut down if you hold your traction control switch down it will put the car into competition mode which is a less agressive traction control but it still hinders the car too much on nitrous if you are looking for good trap speed and times I would build it as a progressive setup mine would come in at 3000rpm and shut off at 6500 and i would shift at 6800 you want the nitrous to shut off before you shift so you dont have a charge built up in the intake. BTW for what its worth from a 80mph roll if it wasnt a 1000cc or larger street bike it couldnt take me and I even made a Ferarri my b!@ch on 59 in houston out by Sugarland.
thx for your info! is that tnt kit a plate or a nozzle?
Old 06-25-2014, 03:54 AM
On The Tree

The Texas Nitrous Technology is out of business now but I think they may still own the patent on their Power Ring setup it was a ring that went on the front of the throttle body with a nozzel on each side that pointed toward the throttle blade if you look in the parts section you can sometimes catch the power ring for sale if you get that you can piece the rest of the kit together from NX or some other nitrous parts company. I actually wish I hadnt sold my kit off 2 years ago because I am now swapping a LS motor into my elcamino and I plan on Running the NX plate kit if I cannot Find another TNT Power Ring. The power ring claimed to make 125hp on a 100 shot and I tend to believe it because I raced a guy with an 03 Zo6 running another companies kit same 150 shot and I smoked him from a 50mph roll then again I may have been a better driver.

Quick Reply: Wat should i be looking at for stock engine