Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turning the spray back on

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning the spray back on

Wow, been a while since I have been here. I am thinking of finally turning the spray back on in my car. Haven't hit it with juice for a few years. Hell I have a N2O outlet standalone that has never had fuel in it in the car.

I guess my question is this. I seem to hardly make it to that track much anymore. Went twice last year, and I hope to make it hopefully twice this fall before everything shuts down. I have not sprayed the new motor combo I have. ERL441, car ran 10.80 @ 129 last year on motor. (car @3750lbs with me) I know the proper way to go about things would be to make a pass, kill it, inspect plugs and go from there. But honestly I will be lucky to make 8 passes this year. I want to go one day on motor alone, then swap out the plugs for my non projected tip NGK's (cant remember the #) and spray it on the next time I get to the track. Would I be safe to just run the jetting just like N2o outlet has, take the 2*timing out per 50hp and roll with it? I realize that most jetting is fat and I just dont want to take a chance at hurting things. I also realize that by properly tuning it I lessen that chance and it will run faster. Just wanted to get some others input on it.

Also, is it better to run the higher fuel pressure on the standalone, or lower pressure setting? Last time I sprayed the car I was pulling fuel off the rail and I had my 402 in it.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A wideband will help get you in the neighborhood, but reading plugs is ultimately the most accurate way to tune nitrous.

You can use the standalone at high or low pressure, either will work fine, just make sure your jets match up to your flowing pressure.

-Garrett
Old 09-22-2014, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have a wide band that I use for tuning purposes. It is kind of a bitch because I just run the cable through the door, (I tune lots of other cars) and then I have the lap top flopping around while I make a pass, lol. I have done it before. Probably should finally set up efi live for black box logging then I wouldn't need the laptop

Quick Reply: Turning the spray back on