Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running rich?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running rich?

So I took my car to the track last week and made a few passes. 1 N/A pass to get my base time down and then 3 others on nitrous. Car ran perfect on my N/A pass with wideband showing between 12.2 and 12.8. Made my next pass on 100 shot and car ran rich never going above 10.0 on wideband. Car felt like it was breaking up durning the run but still managed to have plenty of power. Made another pass and this time I data logged it. Car showed nothing out of the ordinary other than IAT temp dropping considerably around 75mph. Car ran rich on this pass as well. Went under the hood and checked my jetting and both jets were rated for the 100 shot. So I decided to make another pass but dropped the fuel jet down to 75 hp shot. Car ran better but still on the rich side 11.3. Bottle was plenty full and pressure was around 1000psi for every pass and never showing under 900psi after the run.
Previous to the track day I have made a few test hits and wideband never showed rich or lean. Always staing between 11.8 and 12.9 so I'm stumped so far as to why it would run so rich. Any ideas as to what would cause this

My mods are in my sig.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check your nitrous filter. Should be one down in the inlet fitting on your solenoid, at least all of our systems have one.

A clogged filter can sometimes cut nitrous flow 50-75%

-Garrett
Old 09-22-2014, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

What jets are in it?
Old 09-22-2014, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
I would check your nitrous filter. Should be one down in the inlet fitting on your solenoid, at least all of our systems have one.

A clogged filter can sometimes cut nitrous flow 50-75%

-Garrett
I will check my filter and see if it's got anything in it.

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
What jets are in it?
Jets for the 100 shot I ran 52-N2O and 33-fuel
Old 09-22-2014, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

That's pretty rich, I would think you need to be around a 26 on the fuel side. Also, I noticed you said your car was running between 12.2 and 12.8 on motor? That's also on the rich side. Has the car been tuned? I think you may be fighting an already rich motor tune and putting a rich nitrous tune up on top of it.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
That's pretty rich, I would think you need to be around a 26 on the fuel side. Also, I noticed you said your car was running between 12.2 and 12.8 on motor? That's also on the rich side. Has the car been tuned? I think you may be fighting an already rich motor tune and putting a rich nitrous tune up on top of it.
Car hasn't been tuned at all. Car started to run rich after ls6 intake and LTs. Egr and air delete.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:34 PM
FormerVendor

Have it tuned.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

I run a 52N with a 28F... Is the track elevation lower than where you live/tested the car? I.E- My situation is, I tune my car to run slightly richer, because once I'm at the track its going to run leaner due to the elevation is considerably different. Just a thought...

I agree with the above mentioned tune comment.. Your motor tune has to be spot on or damn close if you want the nitrous tune to be effective. Only so much changing the jets will do when your VE table is off.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Elevation is roughly the same but I agree I do need a tune. Still wondering why my afr was where I wanted it to be in the test hits but then went rich at the track. Thanks for all the help guys and I'll head over to the local shop to get it dialed in.

Quick Reply: Running rich?