Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with purge causing leaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with purge causing leaking

Alright guys I'm not new to nirtous and by no means an expert, but needing help now. I have had the same NX kit for 7 years and only used it when I took the Z28 to the track, maybe 5 times. I have NX solenoids, NOS purge unit, and a LS1 plate, (yes its old) and a FJO progressive controller.

I decided to move my kit to my 97 3800 V6 Camaro and wired everything up for a dry shot. I figured it was time for some newer solenoids, so I bought a used kit from a buddy for pretty much for a newer bottle and extra parts.

The purge unit and dry shot worked well so I converted it to a wet kit again. Wired everything and went to test the system. I turned on the bottle, and thankfully didnt have the line connected to the shark nozzle, but when I purged the system, I saw nitrous coming out of the feed line where it would meet the nozzle.

Okay no big deal, the nitrous solenoid is old so I took it apart and everything is fine. Decided to be safe, and switch to the newer noid and it is still leaking from the feed line when I hit the purge. Both noids have been taken apart and inspected but cant find anything wrong with them.

Any ideas and thanks for any helpful input.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay so is it leaking out of the line or the solenoid? Could you post or email a picture of where its leaking?

Thanks,
Garrett

Quick Reply: Need help with purge causing leaking