Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1/8" NPT off Y-Block for fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1/8" NPT off Y-Block for fuel?

OK, let's be honest... I don't know what the hell I'm doing with nitrous. I ran a "plug & play" 75 shot back in the day but that's the extent of my experience with it.

Engine is a MID sleeved, built LS7. Making a ton of changes, the "plan" is to crack 600 whp all motor. I'd like to take baby steps with nitrous and eventually work my way up to a 200 shot.

So... fuel system currently consists of an Aeromotive 340 in-tank pump, -8 feed to a Y-block, dual -6 to each rail. -6 out of each rail to an Aeromotive regulator and -6 return back to the tank. 58 psi.

My Y-block has an 1/8" NPT port for a gauge hookup. Can I pull (enough) fuel off of this port to support my goals? I was thinking a direct port setup but, admittedly, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. My gauge block looks like this:

I'm at a point now, because I'm re-doing my hose routing, where if I was going to use this Y-block option, "now" would be the time to at least plumb the fuel side for easier access later.

BTW, the nitrous will be controlled by a Holley Dominator ECU.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 04-01-2015, 10:12 PM
9 Second Club

not on a 200 shot. why not just another y before the y that goes to the rails. so your thinking 600 on motor then 200 on nitrous?? I would use a stand alone then for sure.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say probably not on a 200 shot. Alot of times they only drill out those 1/8 ports on the regulators/y blocks just enough to run a pressure gauge. You could plumb one of these off the rail, or run a seperate regulator off your main feedline if you want the ability to tune the nitrous system independently. Here is the link to that fitting..

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15502-...ple-ports.html

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Appreciate the input, guys. How about routing a single -6 feed to the rails off the Y-block and using the other -6 to feed the fuel solenoid? Then just tieing rail to rail and back to the regulator?

Ryan
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Ryan,
Have you thought about running the nitrous dry and adding fuel with the Holley system?
Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
Ryan,
Have you thought about running the nitrous dry and adding fuel with the Holley system?
I had it in my mind that the wet system would be "safer" but, admittedly, I haven't really researched the dry system setups that much. What are your thoughts on this with the Holley?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

We have 6AN 'Y' blocks in stock, and can also get it custom-configured for your needs (8AN x 6AN x 6AN).
Old 04-02-2015, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan23
I had it in my mind that the wet system would be "safer" but, admittedly, I haven't really researched the dry system setups that much. What are your thoughts on this with the Holley?
I think a dry system would be the best bet. Just as safe as a wet system but more simple and with less parts. Your Holley system has the ability to control it all and keep the tune up spot on. If you have any other questions, please feel free to get a hold of me.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a good tuner, dry would definitely be another option with that ECU. 6an will only support about ~500hp (Through a single feed line). I would definitely at least be feeding the motor with a single 8an if you decide to go that route. Simplest thing would be to put that adapter inline on the end of the rail that I linked and run it. It will definitely support 200hp out of the 1/8 port in that fitting.

Thanks,
Garrett

Quick Reply: 1/8" NPT off Y-Block for fuel?