Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tons of problems with brand new TNT F2 kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tons of problems with brand new TNT F2 kit

Im taking a break from the dyno at the moment. Im getting veryvery sick of this TNT nitrous kit ive got on a customers 98 C5 corvette.

First initially on installation the power ring setup didnt fit right, then where it mounted i had to go out and get a 45 degree fitting because the power ring would run the nitrous line off the fogger right into the tensioner belt.

Then initially when dynoing it with 200 jets in it, it picked up 150 rwhp, the 250 jets 160 rwhp. (530 rwhp total)

Then when we were changing the jets for the first time from the 200's to the 250's (for the dyno above), when we removed the nitrous line from the fogger nozzles, fuel drips out of the nitrous side of the fogger.

I immediately shipped the kit back to TNT because i was very unhappy with it.

They checked it out, replaced the power ring because they had a "bad batch that had the holes in the wrong location". and said they flowed and tested the kit, there was nothing wrong with it, it must be a fuel problem on the car or something.

THEN they say when i get it back to just put it back on and it should work fine. So they fixed nothing but then they said it would work fine when i put the kit back on the car.

Soooooooooo today we reinstall the kit and reinstall it on the car. And the 200 pills are making 170-175 rwhp now. So we put the 250 pills in, bottle heater has the bottle pressure at 1100 psi.

We go to squeeze it and the car falls on its face. No nitrous, but the purge is working fine.

So we drain the line and click it and its working fine, then pressurize it back up and check and its still not working right.

Basically when theres any pressure on the solenoid its stuck closed. It wont open under pressure.

WHAT A buncha crap. Im very fed up with this TNT kit.
Old 06-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Banned

Just got off the dyno, with the 250/250 n/f jetting @ 45 psi (dedicated fuel system),

1200 psi n20 pressure, 6an line etc (no restrictions)

Car went from 365 rhwp N/A to 556 rwhp with 250 shot a/f dead rich below 10:1

Swapped in 200 tnt fuel jet with the 250 n20 jet and moved fuel pressure on dedicated system to 60 psi. 11.5-11.0:1 a/f ratio all the way across
result : 559 rwhp

Solution: Should i get a 300 shot n20 jet and run the 250 fuel jet so i can have the a/f even readable above 10:1 to shoot for 230-250 rwhp gain?

Im not so pleased with the TNT stuff. The solenoid finally quit sticking after cycling it a bunch
Old 06-05-2004, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

As with any setup you need to monitor the A/F on a dyno when setting up a kit. Alot of the time you have to play with differant jets to find what makes the power you want at the A/F you want it at.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:16 PM
10 Second Club

I had the same solenoid problem when I switched to an F1 set up last month. The car was falling on it's face horribly and at first I thought it was a lean condition or fueling problem until I found fuel in the N20 side of the nozzle. I called TNT and they said that they have never seen anything like that and I benched flowed the nozzles and they where fine. The only thing I could figure is that the N20 noid was not working properly like you said above. I fired the kit a few more times and the problems all of a sudden went away. Kit has been running flawlesly since and I have my fingers crossed that it will stay that way.

I would start with the 300/300 jets @ 55-60psi and then jet down the fuel from there. Keep us up to date on what kind of power the car makes.

BTW: What pump are you using for the dedicated fuel set up, I've been thinking about doing one with my TNT set up.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Banned

Ive got an inline walbro style 255lph fuel pump for the nitrous.

2qt summitracing jr dragster fuel cell ($50), inline filter, inline pump to a aeromotive regulator, to the solenoid.

Yea the fuel in the n20 side of the nozzle is very freaky, considering they never mix inside the nozzle.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like a pretty simple and affordable fuel set up. How many times can you spray before that 2qt cell gets empty, I was going to go with a 2 gallon but I think it's alittle over kill. Did you manage to get the car straightened out?
Old 06-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned

You can spray a total of 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 bottles on a full 2 quart fuel cell.

I refill it everytime i refill the bottle.

Yea after we finally got the solenoid unstuck by clicking it very fast at the same time as slowly opening the bottle till it would click under full pressure, we havent had a problem with it again