Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions :)

I'm going to be setting up a n2o system soon on my car(98 TA, headers, maybe h&c soon), and wanted to see what you guys thought would be best. I have concluded that since I want this to be more gradual engaging as opposed to all-at-once, that I'll either have a progressive controller or a 2 stage system. Total spray will be 150-175 I think, about as much as I want to push the stock motor. I like the idea of the 2 stage(75/75) over the progressive in that I can use only 1 stage if I want and save the other for track time or obviously fast cars. Also I was originally thinking 1 wet and 1 dry stage, but I already have a walbro pump, 42lb injectors, and edit so I was wondering if just 2 dry shots would be ok? What do you think?
Old 06-09-2004, 06:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do a two stage dry shot. Make sure you do have a failsafe setup where you run a fuel pressure safety switch. I would do some serious tuning with LS1Edit or HPTuners software, and keep an eye on that air/fuel ratio like a hawk.

My personal choice would be to run a progressive nitrous controller, and do a wet shot. With the controller, you have much better control of the nitrous hit, and you can tune more easily for track conditions. Slick track----launch at 20% and progress to 100% in 3 seconds. Sticky track----launch at 50-75% and progress to 100% in under two seconds. And anything in between, depending on how well the car is hooking.

Happy spraying.