Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous pop

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 06:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not an expert . It looks fine to me. Could even add a little timing. No heat on the threads and a mark near the tip. Fueling looks a little fat even. I like my plugs to come out with no black on the end of the threads.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at the fuel ring on the porcelain. I'm going to take it to the track and take a degree out and make a pass and then maybe add some in and see what my mph does. This was on a mid 70 degree day. What changes would you make say if temp dropped to high 40's? Would you add a little fuel? Pull a degree out? Do y'all add X amount of fuel for 10 degree change?
Old 01-21-2017, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default NO Band

Hi, I "see" we may both not be good at Music.

WHERE is the "band" ?

The spark plug has NO Heat Range observation.

Thus, "get cold" plugs.

I would go THREE steps.

Lance
Old 01-21-2017, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

What makes you say go colder plugs?

And what makes you say 3 steps colder?!

Lol advice without an explanation is pretty unhelpful.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
Hi, I "see" we may both not be good at Music.

WHERE is the "band" ?

The spark plug has NO Heat Range observation.

Thus, "get cold" plugs.

I would go THREE steps.

Lance
You don't see the timing mark on the ground strap?
Old 01-22-2017, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by baronsmith98
I was looking at the fuel ring on the porcelain. I'm going to take it to the track and take a degree out and make a pass and then maybe add some in and see what my mph does. This was on a mid 70 degree day. What changes would you make say if temp dropped to high 40's? Would you add a little fuel? Pull a degree out? Do y'all add X amount of fuel for 10 degree change?
It's only a 100 shot correct? Your worrying to much. Just about any non projected 6 heat range plug is fine. And there really isn't a fuel ring. That's normal. Your fine go have fun.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

Hes right, almost no fuel ring. You can kindof see it... very light, but it's there.

Timing mark has moved about halfway toward the bend. You could add a degree probably, but personally I Wouldn't change much, because it looks pretty safe. Might be a little power left on the table, but safe is good.

Whatever you do, DON'T go 3 steps colder on plugs. If you want more fuel ring, maybe add a tiny bit of fuel and look for the ring, but I'm not even sure I would do that on such a small shot.

Just keep checking em and make sure everything looks good when weather changes
Old 01-22-2017, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

yea that setup looks pretty good to me. I would run the br7ef at .32 that's what I always ran in my 6.0 all the way up to a 200 shot without issues.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Personally, I make conservative moves initially. What I would do is go out and make a hit as it is now to get a baseline. Come back and give it just a little fuel. Half a psi. Did it pick up? No,go back to how you had it. Or, if yes, then you just made a move in the right direction. Sort out the fueling first and then you can make timing adjustments From there, go out and do another base line pass and then give it a degree of timing. Same thing, you're watching if it picked up. It can get tricky here as moving timing around can change how the fuel looks on the plug. The track will be your best tuning tool. If you're going out and making hits on the road, you're just going to end up chasing what everyone on the internet says is a "good plug." When, in reality, the best looking plug is the one where your car ran the fastest. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Quick Reply: Nitrous pop