Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best set up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best set up?

So I'm trying to plan my build about a year out for my car which will be driven to shows and to the track every weekend. I've heard people say that a 200 shot on plastic intakes is pushing it. I was looking at a direct port on a ls6 intake which should easy the blow on a plastic but I've become interested maybe going with a super victor with a 4150 stinger with a elbow. I'm not seeing much info on the old Google. My planned build will be my forged 383 eagle setup, prc as cast 227 heads, ms3 cam. How do you think that intake would like this set up. Is the cam in the general ballpark bigger/smaller? I'm looking for 9's so the shot size is to be determined. Also I'm wondering is this going to suffer on the street I know they say nitrous motors are great street cars but am I working my way out of that. Like I said before this is to plan the build so all advice is appriciated and build thread to follow. Thanks

Ps. Will use all safety steps for nitrous lnc2000, possibibly progressive or 2 stage whatever it's going to take to get there. Not looking to have to upgrade multiple times
Old 01-04-2017, 10:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have done direct port setups on the LS6 intake manifold before and it has never been an issue the amount of nitrous as the nozzle is clocked and directed to the combustion chamber. One reason that plastic intake manifolds fail is when a motor is over timed, the tune is off and a nitrous back fire occurs and comes out the intake manifold destroying the intake manifold. It sounds like you will have a pretty efficient set up with the parts you are planning to run. If you are thinking about super vic and elbow you are already planning to remove the cowl so you will have room for sure. If you would like to contact me directly for specific details I would be glad to help you 254-848-4300 EXT 109 or email me directly at houston@nitrousoutlet.com

Quick Reply: Best set up?