Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous on pump gas to race gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous on pump gas to race gas

So I'm running a stock bottom end Ls1 with a Texas speed 228r cam and bolt on making just under 400hp. I have a 150 shot on the car pulling 6 degrees of timing through a Inc-2000 was wondering if I ran race gas if I could put some timing back into the car for more power. Car is a 6speed
Old 02-12-2017, 01:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

When's the last time you read the plugs? Reading the plugs is key.

Are you running race gas for the nitrous alone or for the entire fuel system?

If just for the nitrous, the answer is *probably* it's less prone to detonation and can generally handle more timing safely. Alternatively, if you switch the whole system over to race gas, then you'll be putting more timing in across the board. More timing across the board means you'll still need to pull 6 ish when on the juice. Ultimately, keep an eye on the plugs and make small adjustments, That's what test and tune nights are for. Start with low timing and slowly bring it back in until mph falls off or until the plugs show you signs of being hurt.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
When's the last time you read the plugs? Reading the plugs is key.

Are you running race gas for the nitrous alone or for the entire fuel system?

If just for the nitrous, the answer is *probably* it's less prone to detonation and can generally handle more timing safely. Alternatively, if you switch the whole system over to race gas, then you'll be putting more timing in across the board. More timing across the board means you'll still need to pull 6 ish when on the juice. Ultimately, keep an eye on the plugs and make small adjustments, That's what test and tune nights are for. Start with low timing and slowly bring it back in until mph falls off or until the plugs show you signs of being hurt.
Yea I will be running the race gas only on nitrous currently pulling 6 degrees on pump gas with no issues. Was just wondering if I could get a little more power out of it by say running race gas and pulling 3 or 4 degrees.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

Start at your normal 6 and then start slowly putting timing back in it. Read the plugs and watch the mph. You'll easily find the sweet spot that way
Old 02-13-2017, 07:07 PM
9 Second Club

More timing on nitrous is not always going to net more power. I've pulled timing before and went faster. Like Maroon Monster said learn to read plugs. They are a huge part of the equation. Mph tells power and et is all about traction. These are generalized replies but for the most part if you learn to read plugs you can dial your system in to perform to the best of what you have.

Quick Reply: Nitrous on pump gas to race gas