Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spraying with the LSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spraying with the LSX

Im switching over to the LSX intake, and to me, it just doesn't look to stable for the spray. Any kind of precautions I should take before my first bit of juice runs through it?
Old 07-05-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Regular

anyone?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

The say the intake is stronger then the oem but still looks like a plastic part. Take it apart and see the thing is glue together. I know the offer blow discs for it. Seems like double talk, the intake is stronger then plastic, but here we sell blow off disc to protect it.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's alot stronger then OEM, but like any part that is still made of composite material it can be destroyed with a nitrous backfire. I have seen a few of the OEM's shattered into several pieces. What's cool about the burst panel is that it will save a very expensive intake from suffering the same fate.

I'm sure you can agree that almost any intake can be damaged from a nitrous backfire. Ever seen people's hood fly off from one?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Just because a manifold is strong doesn't mean it won't blow to pieces during a nitrous backfire. You ever see a REALLY bad nitrous backfire? I've seen sheet-metal intake manifolds absolutely torn apart by one. It was brutal. Imagine what that kind of backfire would do to a plastic intake manifold. Not pretty. The burst panels are a very good investment.