Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bottle questions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bottle questions?

ok if my bottle is empty....ya know still has compressed air....1.will the compressed air make the bottle neck ice cold?no,right?so i still have n2o in the bottle(when i just let the air out)?2.i just hooked up my timing tuner....and i went per their settings in the instructions...and i went +5* on the base...+5* on wot...and 5* of retard...and when i hit the spary it didnt feel like anything...it worked wonders n/a.but when i sprayed it didnt feel like before...thats why i thought the bottle was empty(if not its close.i weighed my bottle and it weighed in at 18 lbs.(bottle claims-14.6lbs empty)but i have a bottle warmer and a pressure switch(im thinkin the fitting(brass)and the switch prolly weigh a couple lbs)maybe the bottle is empty...i dnt know what do u guys think.is my setting wack(per settings table)or maybe im not understanding the settings.TIA.
Old 07-17-2004, 07:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

its empty.... yes it will contain pressure but no liquid or much of any gas...
The neck will still get cold as the pressure is still proably about 50psi or so.
Why dont you get a pressure gauge? If you looked at your o2 you would have seen a pig rich readings....
Nitro dave sells the anolog style gauges, we sell digital ones, cant go wrong with either one....
Old 07-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Launching!

thats what i thought thanks.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Un hook your bottle, crack open the valve, if there is nitrous there you will get a nice white spray coming out of the valve, really white liquidy spray. If it's empty you will just get a foggy white looking mist.

Warning, don't open your valve with any type of nitrous lines hooked to it, I've seen someone almost get the **** beat out of them by a -4 line whipping around spraying nitrous everywhere.

When I do a nitrous install, I like to purge all the lines with nitrous before I make all the connections to get any possible trash out of the lines. These days I've gone to wrapping the lines in a towel & holding them in a vice to spray through them, they are dangerous.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Launching!

yeah usually the spray coming out is chunky,kinda like dry ice.i just didnt know that the compressed air made the neck ice over.usually i know when the bottles empty,just by the power feel, but i had just hooked up my timing tuner,so i wasnt sure if i was just retarded too much.thanks again jamnut