Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to mount the bottle in the spare tire well??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to mount the bottle in the spare tire well??

Can someone tell me how to mount the bottle in my spare tire well? I just can't see it with the brackets I have. Are there special brackets? And can you fit a 15# bottle back there??
Old 08-05-2004, 07:41 AM
TECH Junkie

im not sure about a 15# bottle, my 10# fits just fine. try doing a search, this topic has been discussed many many times
Old 08-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

We bent 3/16" X 1" steel bar stock in to triangles about 3/4 the width of the spare tire opening. Put normal bottle brackets on the bottle and have someone hold the bottle where it fits best. Mark where your triangles need to be and either weld or bolt in. If you bolt in, use backing plates. My 15# bottle w/ opener fits snug. I have foam padding between the bottom of the bottle and the inside of the rear panel. Piece of cake. I could get dimensions for you, but it wouldn't be until the weekend.

Also, used a 6 wire connector as a quick disconnect for the heater, and opener. Just unplug it, 2 bolts and the bottle is out in tact.

Good luck.

Name:  BOTTLE15.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  119.1 KB
Old 08-06-2004, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club + 14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by MT POKT
We bent 3/16" X 1" steel bar stock in to triangles about 3/4 the width of the spare tire opening. Put normal bottle brackets on the bottle and have someone hold the bottle where it fits best. Mark where your triangles need to be and either weld or bolt in. If you bolt in, use backing plates. My 15# bottle w/ opener fits snug. I have foam padding between the bottom of the bottle and the inside of the rear panel. Piece of cake. I could get dimensions for you, but it wouldn't be until the weekend.

Also, used a 6 wire connector as a quick disconnect for the heater, and opener. Just unplug it, 2 bolts and the bottle is out in tact.

Good luck.

your setup is almost identical to mine, i made only one bracket for the top and just turned the bottom bracket to mount on the side of the well, i also used a quick disconnect coupler to attach the wires for the heater and opener.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A 15 pounder fits just fine in there. We welded 2 straps across the area and mounted it. Even with an NX bottle blanket (very thick) I can still put all my interior panels on and you never see the bottle.