Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to properly purge with no purge valve?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How to properly purge with no purge valve?

I just got my kit put on today and the guy that installed it said that I have to get rid of the pressure on the lines before letting the car sit or it will affect the selenoids. He told me that since I do not have a purge valve I should turn the bottle off and then activate the N2O it until the car starts to bog down, then shut the arming switch off. He said this will get the excess N2O out of the lines and release the line pressure so the selenoids dont have to work so hard to hold the line pressure. Sound right? Is there any other way to release the line pressure? I trust this guy, I just want to know the tricks of the trade here? Thanks

Cajun
Old 08-08-2004, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt really think it matters. magnets are very strong so i dont think 1000 psi would really affect it. but im no expert i'm just a nos noob so dont take my word for it.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a wet kit and your purging the rest out of the line, remember that you will also be spraying what little fuel is left also, and even with the car shut off it will hold fuel pressure, when you go to restart the car, usualy right away it will blow the entire intake off the car,(nitrous backfire) Just crack the line loose a lil in the back when you shut off the bottle, thats the safest way. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can close the bottle, arm the system and do a short run, youll feel it kick in and then bog cause your only getting fuel. then you know its out for sure. BTW, purge kits are fairly cheap, We constantly have them in stock and most others do to. When your ready give us a call. Without the purge kit it is best to just open the line.
Steve@NitroDaves

Last edited by Steve@NitroDaves; 08-09-2004 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve@NitroDaves
If you have a wet kit and your purging the rest out of the line, remember that you will also be spraying what little fuel is left also, and even with the car shut off it will hold fuel pressure, when you go to restart the car, usualy right away it will blow the entire intake off the car,(nitrous backfire) I know cause Ive done it before, Just crack the line loose a lil in the back when you shut off the bottle, thats the safest way. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can close the bottle, arm the system and do a short run, youll feel it kick in and then bog cause your only getting fuel. then you know its out for sure. BTW, purge kits are fairly cheap, We constantly have them in stock and most others do to. When your ready give us a call. Without the purge kit it is best to just open the line.
Steve@NitroDaves
Thanks for the help Steve. I PM you with questions.