Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harlan window switch/Diode question???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harlan window switch/Diode question???

I have the NX MAF kit that uses the standard automotive relay. If I install the diode between the 85 and 86 terminals, it will be between the red and white wire...red---WOT switch...white---FPSS. Now, I have the window switch wired per the instructions...the one question I had about that is, I have the white wire from the window switch going to the ground side of the FPSS. As I read the instructions for installing the diode, it says, "The diode must be installed across the coil terminals of the relay being controlled by the switch. Technically, the way I have the window switch wired(assuming that it is correct), the relay is not being controlled by the window switch...the FPSS is, right? Does this make any sense at all??
Old 04-13-2005, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The diode is for kick back protection for Transistors and ICs, you need a diode reguardless of the fpss, Remember that a fpss is just a open or closed switch and provides no protection. Some Automotive relays have diodes built in, but i do not know it the window switch requires one above and beyond that.

Some one please correct me if I am mistaken