Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newb with a couple nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default newb with a couple nitrous questions

this wont take too long. i have a h/c-full bolt on car. sometime in the future after i upgrade my clutch-driveshaft-rearend, i will be looking at spraying. im not looking to go too big....my main problem is deciding whether to go wet or dry. ive heard that dry is safer cuz u dont have to worry about intake puddling like u do with a wet kit....but i also heard that when running a dry kit, a lot of times the motor likes to lean out. someone told me its cuz excess nitrous gets on the maf sensors and therefore the maf gives a false reading. anyway, like i said, im not looking to go too big....id just like to have an extra jolt now and then when i need it. id really appreciate someone with experience to chime in here and explain to me the difference between the two as well as the pros and cons of both.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

you'll want more and more and more as start spraying. tnt or nx/maf kit are popular choices-. if you got a dry kit in a year you'll be upgrading to a wet kit and spraying 150 shot, believe me...

if you REALLY think you only want a small shot- then the NOS 5177 kit is a very popular/cheap dry kit, but i think wet is better/safer in sooooo many ways.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

ok, if u think wet is safer in so many ways, please tell me why. that is the reason for my post. id like to hear opinions backed up by facts.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a thread on wet/dry (in my web under links and more) that's full of info and can give some insight to help make your choice. When set up correctly including a/f, timing etc, what then comes into play is mechanical failure and this is were the dry get's it's better safety factor, imo (also, don't forget the puddling issue that's not happening on dry). I believe I can prove this with facts and am puttinf together a write up to show/prove this. In post #22 I have listed some of the factors that make dry safer. I sometimes wonder why the web gets hit with wet explosions weekly and we never see this concerning dry, hummm... Now I am not anti wet by any means, as I haven't totaly decided on wet/dry for my second stage (prob dry out of spite) and run wet on my Harley. For safety I vote dry.
Wet vs Dry Thread