Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to put the purge!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Where to put the purge!!

like i said before i just got my nitrous express NXL direct port system. i havent installed it yet cause i dont know where i should put the purge at. if anybody could please just send me a picture where they put there purge at. i saw someone else with the purge comming out, not the ram air but the bottom vents and i liked it but i dont know how to put it so if u guys can send some pics it would be very helpfull thanx a lot guys i really do apreciate it. i also want to put the bottle in the middle of the back seats do u think dats a bad idea????? thanx
Old 05-12-2005, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

You will need to connect an accessory manifold to the rail. This will allow you to connect the purge solenoid. As far as where it will vent from, you can use either stainless hard line or SS braided hose to route it where ever you want. Most common is out of the back of the hood, aimed up in front of the windshield.

For the bottle, as long as it is sitting at the proper angle, the location of the bottle is not a big deal. I had mine mounted in between the rear seats on the drive shaft tunnel, I liked it because it was easy to reach from the driver's seat.

Last edited by NXJeremy; 05-12-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
You will need to connect an accessory manifold to the rail. This will allow you to connect the purge solenoid. As far as where it will vent from, you can use either stainless hard line or SS braided hose to route it where ever you want. Most common is out of the back of the hood, aimed up in front of the windshield.

For the bottle, as long as it is sitting at the proper angle, the location of the bottle is not a big deal. I had mine mounted in between the rear seats on the drive shaft tunnel, I liked it because it was easy to reach from the driver's seat.
that is exactly where i wanna mount my bottle and how much does that accessory manifold cost and where can i get one? thanx for ur response.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FastazfukWS6
that is exactly where i wanna mount my bottle and how much does that accessory manifold cost and where can i get one? thanx for ur response.
The manifold comes in two variations, you can get it with one accessory port or two (in case you want to run a purge and an electric pressure gauge). Here are the part numbers:
15506- Manifold w/ 1 acc. port
15513- Manifold w/ 2 acc. ports

Hit up any of our dealers to order it. Nitro Dave probably has it in stock, so he could get out to you quickly. 1-866-648-7637