Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Idea To Spray My Car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad Idea To Spray My Car?

Just thinking about what I want to do with the car, and I'm thinking of going into uncharted territory for myself. I really like the street manners of my little 3200, and the car is plenty fast on the street as is (since I dont street race really), but I am always left wanting more when I go to the track. If I could keep my 3200 on the street and get the performance of the 4000 stall at the track I'd be a very happy camper. But how would you get a converter to stall more at the track?

Simple answer, spray it. I dont need an 11 second car on the streets as it would just get me into trouble, but it would be nice to go to the track and click off some 11 second passes. Since I go to the track a few times a year, I wouldn't worry much about tearing anything up, as I'd rarely if ever spray it on the street. I feel that I'm a prime candidate for nitrous given my street/track uses for my car. What do you guys think?

The world of nitrous is completely new to me so I dont know much about it, but its something thats always intrigued me and I think I'd really like to go that direction with the car. A mild street buildup with the cam, exhaust, and heads in the future for fun on the streets, and a little shot of juice at the track for some nice ETs.

FWIW: The car has 114k miles on the motor and has had synthetic in it since 33k miles. It hasn't lived a hard life, no oil consumption issues, etc. Tranny and converter have roughly 35-40k miles. Built tranny with upgraded clutch packs, servos, shift kit, tranny cooler, etc. Just wondering if the car has seen too many miles to spray. I was thinking due to me having an automatic, going with something like a wet kit instead of a dry kit due to the MAF screen problems and dry shots.