Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

me again...look at bottles need experianced advice QUICK

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default look at bottles need experianced advice QUICK

do these 2, 10 lbs bottles have potential for auto use...what would it take to get them there(its ok if they look like **** but can they be used)...are the valves not right or what? anything will help
thank you
Attached Thumbnails me again...look at bottles need experianced advice QUICK-e4_1_b.jpg  

Last edited by muscleHud; 07-15-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

onyone??? i know somedody can help...i want to put both in my backseat BUT i dont know if they will work.....
Old 07-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Restricted User

Well, I would pull the valves out, make sure there is a siphon tube running all the way down to the outer edge of the bottle, same side as the line hooks up on first. Then, I would check the manufacturer/ or last test date. They need to be within 5yrs to be current. You can get them recertified at most compressed air retailers, here in Hawaii its $12 to recert. Other than that, make sure its clean inside when you remove the valve. You can always replace the valves too.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MuscleHud, just remember to completely empty the bottles before you try to remove the valves. Not calling you dumb or anything, but you would be supprised what I've seen... I have used bottles that were inspected in the early 90's, with no trouble at all. But every situation varys. Do a quick visual on the inside, if it would make you more comfortable, there are mre then 3 dozen gas suppliers here in Houston, they all can check it for you....