Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed on stand alone system parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions needed on stand alone system parts

Ok, guys, I need to get some opinions on the parts needed for a stand alone system. I'm currently running a base nx wet system on the 100 pills. I'm wanting to convert over to a stand alone system and up the shot to a 150.

What are the best parts to go with in getting this done? I'm thinking a small 1 gal nitrous enrichment fuel cell, a holley or other brand pump and regulator. What are your recommendations? Also have a few questions as well.
1. Do I want to run a high pressure system or a low pressure system?
2. What would be the best way to activate the fuel pump? By way of my current activation switch going to my window switch or a seperate toggle switch?
3. On a stand alone system, there will be a return line going back to the fuel cell. Correct?
4. How much pressure would you guys recommend going to the setup?
5. My jets are going to be different from the ones that I would use for a basic system, correct? How would I determine which ones to use? Would I have to go ahead and buy some logging software for the best setup?

Anything else you guys would like to tell me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Ok, guys, I need to get some opinions on the parts needed for a stand alone system. I'm currently running a base nx wet system on the 100 pills. I'm wanting to convert over to a stand alone system and up the shot to a 150.

What are the best parts to go with in getting this done? I'm thinking a small 1 gal nitrous enrichment fuel cell, a holley or other brand pump and regulator. What are your recommendations? Also have a few questions as well.
1. Do I want to run a high pressure system or a low pressure system?
2. What would be the best way to activate the fuel pump? By way of my current activation switch going to my window switch or a seperate toggle switch?
3. On a stand alone system, there will be a return line going back to the fuel cell. Correct?
4. How much pressure would you guys recommend going to the setup?
5. My jets are going to be different from the ones that I would use for a basic system, correct? How would I determine which ones to use? Would I have to go ahead and buy some logging software for the best setup?

Anything else you guys would like to tell me would be greatly appreciated.
1. High or low depend on your overall setup.
2. arming switch that gets it all ready to go.
3. should be but does not have to.
4. standard efi
5. If you go with high pressure you are covered use the same jets. if you need anything like jetting let me know.

you need to look over at Nitro Daves tanks.. All set up and finished ready to go..

Ricky

Ricky
Old 07-22-2005, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may be able to save you alot of headache and set you up with a better system.We use to build these systems all the time with JR dragster fuesl cells and holley pumps and regulaters.It works ok but by the time you figure out what fittings hoses,parts etc and shipping charges you could have almost payed for our dedicated system that is all in one.
We desighned a all in sone suystem that conatens a ciustom built fuel cell,Intank walboro pump,aeromotive regulater,all hoses,lines,and fittings.You can run high or low pressure.If we do not have one in this link you like we can custom build one for you.
Look here
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/outlet/...section_id=122

Send me a pm if you have any questions.
Thanks
Dave
Old 07-22-2005, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Nitro Daves stand alone system is of the highest quality as far parts, design, and assembly. The welds on the aluminum cell are very nice as well. I would suggest going with his system, takes all the thinking out of.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Truck addict

wow, i am not in the market to purchase one but looking for any future needs. i didn't realize they were that pricey. but then again, i guess if it's already made up and no guess work/headaches then your better off that way.