Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Wet" to "Dry" Trend...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default "Wet" to "Dry" Trend...?

I've been hitting FBod boards since '99 and I have seen things change over the years.

One thing I have noticed lately is that dry kits are getting popular again. For a while there, the "wets" gained a huge share of the marktet. I think TNT helped to do that with their well known "big bang" F1 kit.

But now it seems dry is back. And I just bought a wet kit
Old 07-27-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep...I remember 99Redhawk (Brook) was spraying crazy dry shots back in the day and lots of dry kits were sold. Then it went wet...now its a mix.

Dont worry about your wet kit. It will work just fine.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Yep...I remember 99Redhawk (Brook) was spraying crazy dry shots back in the day and lots of dry kits were sold. Then it went wet...now its a mix.

Thanks neighbor

Yeah, I'm still a little paranoid after all these years. I will be running at Moroso with the NX kit in the fall when the temps drop to a chilly 80* .

I will also be at BMP on 12/17 with a track rental. BTW, Jeremy Formato did my complete NA tune.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, you gotta love the TNT F1. Dry is gaining some ground and I predict it will continue to gain. A dual (n/a and n2o in one) tune is in the works and looks very promising. I think the dry hit will have a place inbetween about a 150hp wet and the mongo big direct port hits. Also, it's a nice easy, safe small hit with no real changes to users stock engine/tune. Now with that said, wet kits are pretty easy to set-up also to a point, bigger hp levels being a little more involved, also. Actually, I think n2o in general is gaining on other power adders.
Robert
Old 07-27-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS

Brook actually used a dry 1st stage with a mondo TNT power ring wet second stage...He tried activating both off the line once and the destruction on that stock bottom Ls1 was quite amazing.

A crossbreed .... Fireball used a similar setup back in the days when he earned his username.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 07-27-2005 at 02:00 PM.