Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do all NX nitrous solenoids have a port on the bottom?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do all NX nitrous solenoids have a port on the bottom?

I've noticed in pretty much all of the pictures I've seen of NX setups, the nitrous solenoids have a port on the bottom of the solenoid and a port on the side in addition to the feed line port. I like that setup with the purge. Are all NX nitrous solenoids like this? Also, in this configuration, how exactly does the purge work? I assume that only the side port opens when purging?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

No they don't. Our .093" (Standard solenoid) and .125" (Pro Power solenoid) solenoids have the port on the bottom. The .063" (purge) solenoid and the .157" Super Shark solenoid do not have the bottom port. The Super Shark does have two outlets though instead of just one.

On the solenoids that have the purge port on the side, the nitrous flows straight through to the port even if the solenoid is shut. That's why you have to plug that hole if you don't use a purge solenoid. You can purge the nitrous line and fill the solenoid with nitrous in this configuration.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you very much. Next question, how do you wire up this configuration to work with the purge? Is there a separate activation wire that only opens the side purge port?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

All you do is wire the purge solenoid to it's own push button, completely seperate from the main nitrous solenoid.

On the main nitrous solenoid, the purge port and the inlet port are basically just straight through. You can blow in the inlet and the air will come out of the purge port with the solenoid closed. So basically there is constant pressure on the purge solenoid when you have the bottle open.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotcha, thanks for the all the help. Looks like I'll be looking into buying a NX nitrous solenoid.