Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some opinions/information

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some opinions/information

Hey guys I have really been driving myself crazy thinking of how much I want to gain from the N2O and which to choose (Dry or Wet / Company). I have come to the conclusion that since this is my daily driver and I have the '69 Camaro as the real play toy to braket race with, I really dont want to spray any higher than a 100 shot. My question is with that in mind is it worth running a wet system or should I just look into a good dry system? Also I would like to get some opinions on which kits have the best quality, what to look for in a good kit, and where can I find the best prices. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Restricted User

At one time not long ago, I'd tell you wet, but I dont think you can beat the dry. At 100, your pump should still be sufficient, might need a set of injectors, but maybe not. And since you need tuning anyway, have it set up for dry shots.

Good luck,

Charlie
Old 08-28-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote dry also, inexspensive, very safe, easy installs and you can knock a second off your ET with a 100rwhp jetted dry shot. Nitro Dave carries the Halo dry, the NOS 5177 dry. DynoTune has a nice dry package. HSW also has a dry kit and good quality. These are all site supporting vendors. If you want my personal opinion on which kit and why, PM me.
Robert
Old 08-28-2005, 03:03 PM
FormerVendor

If you're not going to go crazy with any more internal mods (more radical of a cam, heads) then you will more then likely be fine with the stock fuel pump (although it’s cheap insurance to change it out) and injectors with a 100 max dry shot. If you go with a dry kit log your injector duty cycle and see where it is at. It's really the only way to know 100% if you need a larger set or not.

Matt
Old 08-29-2005, 11:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would go with the DynoTune Dry kit.
www.dynotunenitrous.com
Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Dan
Old 08-29-2005, 01:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IOk Ill be the odd man out.If you want the best performance for your money I vote a wet system.However I have nothing against a dry kit.Wet or dry you can not beat our systems.Our NX wet systems are made of the highest quality available and so is our Nitrous Outlet Dry kits since there made with NX parts...
Dave