Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installation 90% complete - need to test system - question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installation 90% complete - need to test system - question

I finally have mostly completed the installation of my NX kit. Before I take it off the jackstands I'd like to test the system to make sure it all activates. Here's my setup:
NX EFI
MSD window switch 3000 on 5800 off
FPSS
TPAS

What's the easiest way to make sure the noids are working when they should without a road test? I'd hate to go to all the trouble of taking it off the stands and reassembling the interior only to run into a problem. This is on a 6 speed C5. Thanks in advance, Craig
Old 08-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Old 08-29-2005, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly I had a buddy activate the WOT switch by hand, I was inside the car and got the rpms above 3k, everything worked so I was good to go. Good luck!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

When we tested mine we just armed the system without the nitrous or fuel lines hooked up and hit the WOT switch to make sure it would trigger.

My RPM switch has a LED inside it to tell you if it's activated or not so I just watched the lights as someone else revved the enging for me, while they were watching the tachometer.

If you don't have a LED in yours then I supposed you could have someone hold the RPM's just under 3000, then while you hold the wot switch have them raise the RPM's until you hear the solenoids trigger.

Could also use this method to test the upper limit of 5800 RPM.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Guys thanks for the feedback. My only problem is that I am using the TPAS system from NX. It reads TPS voltage to send a WOT signal. It must physically go WOT to activate. I tried unplugging the solenoids and hooking in a test light, grounding one side and putting the other side to the harness wire that goes to the solenoid. I then armed the system, car in neutral - running - got the rpms up to 3000 and then nailed it. The rpms shoot to 5800 so fast I can't tell if the light is coming on, I don't think it did. I don't like doing this so I am looking for another way. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks again, Craig
Old 08-29-2005, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

I just went through this recently. The fact is, there's no easy way to test your system with a TPS switch. Try removing it from the mix or just go out on the road and see what happens.

In my case, I couldn't get my TPS switch to work properly so I ripped it out and went with the simple, but effective WOT switch.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Disconnect the lines that go to the nozzle, post solenoid but pre shark.

Put the nitrous one out of the way (It will move around alot) and put the fuel one in a cup. Go in the car and start it...go WOT for a little blip. You will instantly know if the nitrous works...If you see some fuel in the cup, you know the fuel works.

Thats how I do it.