Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Bottle Opener ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NOS Bottle Opener ?'s

Still working on my oil leakage problem however I have other issues. I'm trying to hook up my NOS bottle opener and can't get it to work right. I'm using the ashtray switch kit with on/off switches. I got it to work w/ wiring the blue wire to constant power and the red to switched power then the white to ground. Well it worked a couple times then got really really hot and wouldn't work anymore WTF?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Import Patrol

sounds like a short to me> were the pos. wires toucking metal, or the ground, try another switch maybe
Old 09-08-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like you burned the coil up. One wire is a ground....you need a double pole double throw DPDT toggle switch. Bring 12V to the center connection on the toggle. The remaining two wires go to the outside poles on the switch. Power is only applied in short bursts to either open or close the switch. For example: You click the toggle switch up power is sent to one wire of the coil the valve closes. Release the switch and power is off to the coil but the valve remains held closed by bottle pressure. Toggle the switch down power is sent to the remaining wire on the coil and the valve is opened. Let go of the switch (returns to center) all power is removed and the valve remains open. Make sense?

It sounds like you had power connected for an extended period of time and MAY have burned the coil up. It may still function, but you definitely need to get the wiring corrected.... No wiring goes to constant 12V to the NOS valve!!!