Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h/c ls1 going to NO2

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h/c ls1 going to NO2

I am looking at going to a nitrous setup I would like to get some opinions on whether or not what I have in mind is a good idea. Right now I have the current mods in my sig and am adding TEA 5.3 stage 2 heads, moser 12 bolt w/ 3.73, lca, phb, ta, hal qa1, and spec 3. My question is this. I'm looking at a NX wet kit and would like to spray at least a 100 shot to start out with. Do you think that my engine can handle this without forged internals? I'm guessing that at the very least I'm gonna have to get another fuel pump. What other kinds of things would I need to make sure I don't blow up my engine? I'm guessing after the heads I should be around 410-425hp. Any advice is a appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

I'm just one step ahead of you. I'm throwing wet 100 shot (NX) this month.

You need: WOT switch, RPM Window switch and a fuel pressure safety switch (word on this is it is very tough to work with). Change and gap your plugs too.

Fuel delivery should be upgraded, but I have buds who were running ~600 rwhp on a stock fuel pump only.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like a good set up.You are deffintly on the right track.Expecialy buying a good quality system.I would look into a GENX2 package.This will have your bottle heater,purge,FPSS,nitrous pressure gauge,NHRA blow off valve and blow down tube.Dont forget the window switch.Thats the most important safety part.As far as fuel supply.You could put a walboro intank pump in but it will be around its safe limit on the 150 shot.Or you can put in a Racetronix system and have more play room.We carry all these parts so let me know if I can help.Our person to person prices are always cheaper than whats on our website.
Dave
Old 09-08-2005, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

what NX system do you guys suggest? Also where is the best place to find the Racetronix system. I figure if I'm gonna do it I'll just do it once.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MattB4C
what NX system do you guys suggest? Also where is the best place to find the Racetronix system. I figure if I'm gonna do it I'll just do it once.
I went with a basic, reliable simple set up, the NX EFI Wet. Oh, and see the guy above you for the stuff you need.

The dude is uber cool.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:17 PM
FormerVendor

We carry the Racetronix fuel pump kits:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=330

If you're also looking for a window switch and TPS switch we have our Edge controller that also includes a progressive controller:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured

A progressive controller will help you in the traction department and will also reduce the instant hit the motor takes when the nitrous is activated. We also carry a full line of wet/dry and direct port kits. Let me know if you have any questions.

Matt

Originally Posted by MattB4C
Old 09-08-2005, 01:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We carry all the NX systems and the racetronix fuel systems.Let me know if I can help.
Thanks
Dave