Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems...

So I was spraying a 150 shot on my 98 T/A and I kept hearing a sound like a firecracker going off while i was just rolling up to the line to race. Probably stupid but i thought nothing of it and decided to race anyway. I raced, the car ran really damn good but afterward when I came to a stop my car was idling extremely rough. I pulled the code and it said misfire on #7. Pulled the spark plug. The plug was pretty much non existent. Everything was melted off. I did a compression test and had only like 15 lbs in the cylinder. So I started to think that I blew a hole through the piston but the car isnt smoking or blowing the dipstick out, and there was no oil on the spark plug when I pulled it. Took off my oil filler cap and started the car, and no oil was blowing out. Hell I even put my hand over the filler hole and didnt feel any any excessive pressure.

I was just wondering if anyone has ran into this problem before and what the problem ended up being. I am just trying to decide if I should start looking for a shortblock. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a leakdowh test and that'll tell you where your problem is