Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car died mid run. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default car died mid run. Please help.

I took the car out for my first N2O runs. Ran into som problems. 1st run the car ran ok, the 75 shot picked me up 6 mph, but only 1 tenth over my NA best. On the 2nd run the car just totally shut off at the top of 2nd. it coasted to a stop mid-track and sat there for about a min. it just cranked but no start. Then it started and drove off fine. it made a the next run NA without any problems, then the 4th run it did it again but restarted while the car was coasting and finshed the run NA. I called it a night at that point.
My setup is a TNT wet system, triggered with a timing tuner, it runs fine NA. Also both my shiftlite and linelock picked lastnight to stop working.
Anyone have any ideas of what went wrong?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you are flooding the car. Check the pills to make sure they are the correct sizes. Also, if other things quit working, then they are somehow related....i would check to see if you have the nitrous solenoid in line with the linlock and shiftlight. It may have fried them due to undervolt.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a fuel pressure safty switch? and is it ran in too the timming tunner? if so chould be the FPSS is cutting on killing your power to the crank sensor since thats where the timming tunner hooks up. i had that problem changed it around and it still do that. tried a friend timming tunner and it wroked ok and never cut off. so i sent mine back to mike at full thortal speed. he is a sponser here. if you got it hooked up threw the FPSS id check that frist and try it. hope i make sense here and chould help a little. good luck and let us know what you find
Old 09-22-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke to TNT and they think that the ground for both sol's that i had to the radiator support was not enough to run the N2O noid, but it was enough to run the fuel noid, so the N2O was cutting out and the fuel kept flowing and flooding the car. They said to run a 12guage ground directly to the batt.
we will see