Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry Kit Rookie Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Dry Kit Rookie Questions

I understand that a wet kit the extra gas comes from a and extra fuel line. That on a dry kit the extra fuel has to come from the injectors. But do you have to retune get the extra fuel for the dry kit? Or put bigger injectors to compenstate? Do you run rich when not spraying? Help please. Make me understand how a dry kit works.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ON a LT1 it works alittle different than the LS1.A lt1 works by using a FMU.The fmu spikes the fuel pressure adding the extra fuel to the injectors.I believe all LT1s came standard with 26lb injectors (Not sure) Depending on your mods and the size shot you run you may need larger injectors.If you go to bigger injectors you will need a tune.Also if you already have a after market tune I suggest having the tune looked at to make sure the airfuel and timming are up to par.
Dave
Old 10-20-2005, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

How big of a shot before you have to get bigger injectors? Can they adjust larger injectors down for every day driving? Would it be a good idea to get larger injectors for a wet shot too for extra saftey?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Once the computer is tuned for the larger injectors its no big deal.It will not effact everyday driving because the extra fuel is only added when the kit adds pressure to the fuel regulater from the FMU. IF the injectors you have are plenty for your NX set up you will not have to worry about injectors on a wet set up.
Dave
Old 10-20-2005, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

Do you need purge kits and bottle heaters with a dry kit?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastlt1
Do you need purge kits and bottle heaters with a dry kit?
No you dont. But optimum performance will be realized. a dry hit will maintain the same a/f as the bottle emptys, whereas, a wet hit will go richer as bottle emptys, both senerios will loose power as bottle emptys. A purge will ensure that you have nitrous at the noid ready to go (no time delay).
Robert