Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Engine Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Service Engine Light Problem

Have a 2002 WS6 with a NX MAF Kit spraying a 100 shot. Car has Hooker Longtubes, ORY Y-pipe, and Borla Catback. Had the nitrous kit installed along with a MSD RPM switch. Took that car out for a spin, no extra kick, came back and turned off, waited to see what the problem was..well..the switch was not getting enought voltage because of my RPM line. Came home and the check engine light came on. Got a friend to scan the car and now the Bank 1 sensor one and bank 2 sensor 2 are throwing codes. Cleared them same thing in about a day. I also got a MAF code something about passed then failed. Got that cleared hasnt comeback yet. I know the O2 sensors are probably shot. Is there a way to fix my setup so that if I buy these sensors new it doesnt happen again, it will get a bit expensive. Would it matter if I put cats on? Also what do you use to clean your MAF or should I buy a aftermarket one? I have done a search but Ive read you should probably use a cotton swab and some alcohol, is this correct?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you running all four oxygen sensors. or simms in the rear
Old 11-21-2005, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

2 fronts are O2 sensors and in the back i have 2 SIMMS
Old 11-28-2005, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:19 PM
FormerVendor

Have you tried checking all your fuses for a blown one?

Matt

Originally Posted by ls1pepito
Have a 2002 WS6 with a NX MAF Kit spraying a 100 shot. Car has Hooker Longtubes, ORY Y-pipe, and Borla Catback. Had the nitrous kit installed along with a MSD RPM switch. Took that car out for a spin, no extra kick, came back and turned off, waited to see what the problem was..well..the switch was not getting enought voltage because of my RPM line. Came home and the check engine light came on. Got a friend to scan the car and now the Bank 1 sensor one and bank 2 sensor 2 are throwing codes. Cleared them same thing in about a day. I also got a MAF code something about passed then failed. Got that cleared hasnt comeback yet. I know the O2 sensors are probably shot. Is there a way to fix my setup so that if I buy these sensors new it doesnt happen again, it will get a bit expensive. Would it matter if I put cats on? Also what do you use to clean your MAF or should I buy a aftermarket one? I have done a search but Ive read you should probably use a cotton swab and some alcohol, is this correct?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like your pass side O2 simm isn't happy and your driver side O2 doesn't feel hot enough with your longtubes - that is if it's a p0135 which is a normal code to throw for LT's - tuning can keep the light from coming on.

i wouldn't shell out for new O2's...and cats wouldn't do anything. the simms are the only thing downstream from the cats and they don't plug into the exhaust.

sorry i'm no help on the MAF prob.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get tuned for your LT's and I think MAF problems will go away also, but cleaning is good too. No codes before spraying?
Robert
Old 11-28-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the MAF code is p0101 (I think that's right) with the o2 codes, check your eng. sen. fuse under the hood like Matt said. If it's blown that's your problem, and a o2 sensor wire is probably the reason it blew.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys for all your help, havent had a chance to check the fuse box (its been cold outside). I have noticed my front fog light blub keeps poping. Ive replaced it twice this month, not sure if its concerning this problem. Just an FYI. Im going to see if I cant get it tuned soon, hopefully its not that much.....but once again thanks eveyone...