Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zex dry kit on LS1???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Zex dry kit on LS1???

Ok i bought a Zex kit back from a friend that use to be mine. It came off an LT1 and now i have an LS1. My question is, how am I going to run my vacuum lines from the box? It is supposed to have a vacuum line going to fuel pressure regulator then one to the intake. LS1's dont have them apparently b/c I dont see one ANYWHERE on the motor. If they do then where the heck are they? All im seeing is egr and crap like that, just regular vacuum lines. Is this kit going to work at all?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well here's the deal. the lt1 uses a different way to add fuel compared to the ls1. Your vacuum line is no longer used. Ls1 uses the MAF to read temp/density and then PCM tells the injectors to add extra fuel. Whereas, the lt1 uses additional fuel pressure witch is controled by the vac ref reulator. I know to convert the NOS lt1, you just drop the FMU off the noid and plug hole with pipe plug, and nozzle is mounted before maf. Now the Zex kit, what exactly is going on in that box, I suspect basically the same, I really don't know. Nitro Dave sells Zex, so he prob can tell you the specifics for change over.
Robert
Old 06-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same issue. On my buddies 99 Mustang GT (Which is also a returnless fuel system), they tied the vacuum lines together, and then ran them to a vacuum source, so I do the same for my car? Or do I just not use them all together?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the LT1 MAF do anything when its hit with nitrous? I have a Granatelli MAF and I'm going to be running a dry Zex kit on my LT1. Just wondering if I should spray before or after the MAF or will it matter on a LT1?
Old 06-26-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres what I did I have the zex dry kit on my LS1...I took those hoses and cut them off short and siliconed them up....I posted up and most guys said you dont need those lines ran....My kit hits hard for what it is no problems....any questions Pm me man I can help ya out and even send ya pics due to the fact I have the exact kit you are tlakin of.

Quick Reply: Zex dry kit on LS1???