Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on my intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question on my intake

I read GM high performance magazine and the latest issue out has a "stock" 98 that they put a new wet system plate on that goes between the tb amd the intake. Now my stock 98 has the egr tube and the one in the magazine doesn't so am I right in thinking that you have to change out the intake and remove the egr to make something like this work?Seems to me if you are spraying fuel and nitros at a egr valve you could blow the animal up. Am I wrong?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NC98Z
I read GM high performance magazine and the latest issue out has a "stock" 98 that they put a new wet system plate on that goes between the tb amd the intake. Now my stock 98 has the egr tube and the one in the magazine doesn't so am I right in thinking that you have to change out the intake and remove the egr to make something like this work?Seems to me if you are spraying fuel and nitros at a egr valve you could blow the animal up. Am I wrong?
You can delete the EGR and turn off the EGR code at tune...you can lift out the egr tube and cut it off too...watch out that you don't loose the o ring into your intake...anyway lots of folks use a wet system with the egr tube still in the manifold.
i think www.installuniversity.com has the procedure for shortening the egr tube.

Last edited by Macon; 01-15-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea if u will notice they just had it blocked off on that car u can still run a wet kit with ur kind of intake too!