Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much pressure is low pressure for standalone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much pressure is low pressure for standalone?

I've been reading everything I can find about a dedicated fuel cell for my new nitrous setup but the one thing I can't seem to find is what is considered low pressure? I'm looking at pumps and regulators now, I just need to know what pressure range I'm looking at.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anywhere between 5 and 12 psi. Typically 9 psi works best.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
I've been reading everything I can find about a dedicated fuel cell for my new nitrous setup but the one thing I can't seem to find is what is considered low pressure? I'm looking at pumps and regulators now, I just need to know what pressure range I'm looking at.
Different manufacturers will have different recommended FFP's. Your best bet is to follow the manufacturers instructions. The pump you need is determined by the amount of fuel you're going to use. They'll all flow plenty of pressure for a typical low-pressure N20 kit. The regulators get a little bit more tricky but for something simple you will be fine with the old school Holley regulator that Summit sells for $35.00 or whatever.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I perfectly agree with Ben that old holley unit works just fine and dandy. now for the pump, you will need one that the low pressure stuff will work with. Meaning a EFI pump that can crank out way over 50psi, the holley reg, will have a hard time keeping that psi under control.

Ricky
Old 01-18-2006, 02:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

so like the inline MSD pump is out of the question?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, guys. That's what I needed to know.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
FormerVendor

Dragframe- typically if the pump is designed for EFI use you will need a higher end regulator to get the pressure down and to be capable of keeping it under control at low pressure.

If you don't mind spending the money, Aeromotive has several regulators that can handle EFI pressure or low pressure. This would give you the ability to run a quality intank pump in the dedicated fuel cell and regulate the pressure down to the 6-12psi range with experiencing pressure creep.

Using a simple external low pressure pump and the holley regulator will work very well together in a lot of situations. So that is another option for you guys.