Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much nitrous on heads and cam stock block ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much nitrous on heads and cam stock block ls1

Have a 98 z with head and cam package. How much wet nitrous can a stock bottom end take with 255 pump take?

Last edited by Reborn; 05-11-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:13 PM
9 Second Club

SEARCH - there are only a few dozen topics like this one. A 200 wet shot will hold if tuned correctly.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Stay at about 150 to be safe, 200 is doable but wont last as long as a 150 !
Old 05-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Restricted User

wyndzer meant to use this:

Reborn, since this is your first post, I will ask ppl to be nice, me included. Sorry but understand from our position that that same question is asked twice a day everyday, and often times, if you scrolled down the page (or no later than the second page) you'd see answer for it.

98', do you have any tuning software/hardware? You will need it to run anything over 150, hell even recommended for 150.
HC is generic, how much power, either Dyno, or track times you running now? Not really matters too much, just curious. What is your cam specs, this does matter, if your have an inefficient cam that bleeds off a lot of cylinder pressure up top then you coudl run a 200 no problem, but if you tried on a tight nitrous cam you might get pieces everywhere (BTW, I am not a damn cam expert, I leave that to other ppl like Comp Cam engineers, Tony M., EDC who ground my cam). Whats your overall combo?

In general terms, the most I have heard anyone spraying a Stock Bottom LS1 was 275shot. How many times? I think only a few. However, I have heard of 250shots being run regularly as well as 225, 200. I ran it a couple times, and will atest, without tuning and setting up your combo, your not going to get away with it. So please, feel free to read the nitrous FAQ's sticky up top, and there are some good links in there, then search for terms like "biggest shot" "max shot" one of those two should work and pull up threads with several different perspectives on this question.

Quick Reply: How much nitrous on heads and cam stock block ls1