Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check out my A/F on 200 shot.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default check out my A/F on 200 shot.

n/a started at about 13.8 and went to a 12.8 at around 6k rpms.
Nitrous started at about 13.2 and went to a 15... lol let out..

Found out the bottle was leaking a little bit and i had a ruptured fuel line after the solenoid fuel side.

Im running a dual setup 100 shot on each side and use 27 F jets and 52 N jets.

going to get this line fixed and see what happens. Also i have a walbro 255 pump, so no worries there.

One question is how do i go about fixing the lean out during nitrous run? Would have have to change fuel jets or what?

Last edited by crAzy95Z28; 05-22-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
FormerVendor

Hotwire kit with the walbro 255? Take a quick look at the fuel solenoid and make sure nothing is blocking (look at the jet too). Yes, you would start to play with the fuel jet for tuning the A/F. If you don't see a change when doing so it's a fuel delivery issue.

Matt

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
n/a started at about 13.8 and went to a 12.8 at around 6k rpms.
Nitrous started at about 13.2 and went to a 15... lol let out..

Found out the bottle was leaking a little bit and i had a ruptured fuel line after the solenoid fuel side.

Im running a dual setup 100 shot on each side and use 27 F jets and 52 N jets.

going to get this line fixed and see what happens. Also i have a walbro 255 pump, so no worries there.

One question is how do i go about fixing the lean out during nitrous run? Would have have to change fuel jets or what?

Old 05-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Restricted User

If you had a ruptured fuel line that will lean you out. If your not using a dedicated fuel cell, but tapping off the rails you have a couple options..
A get the hotwire kit

B set it up in two different stages and activate staggered so prevent the fuel rail from emptying out

C change over to either a 97-98 vette rails with a return, or get rails and run a front mounted FPR and return line.

Personally if your coming off the rails you may end up going lean more often since the bulk of fuel is drawn off the drivers side rail, leaning out the #7, then #5 cylinders before the rest of the engine. The hotwire kit will help more at the track where the rate change is not as quick as on a nonloading short sprint dyno.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Stand alone cell helps too. I cant wait to get one.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another option, is Kenny Bell BAP. Basically it's just a voltage booster. Just ups the voltage to increase pump output/pressure. You can set it up on a relay to work with the spray only. Improvements of 20/30% can be seen. There is a dial to mount on dash that you can dial in how much voltage you want, and depending on what your fuel gauge says at highest load, you can up it or turn it down and play with your a/f, and you won't run out of fuel as soon. Actually, running this with vette rails and reg/return at rails is the ideal way to go on the bigger hits and is exactly what I am doing. I would not spray anymore at that level until you get it ironed out, as I am sure you know.
Robert
Old 05-25-2006, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

well im going to be using a progressive controller. I just didnt have one for the run!

Wouldnt that help alot too?
Old 05-25-2006, 05:09 PM
FormerVendor

It'll help you in the traction dept, but not in the A/F I'm afraid.

Matt

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
well im going to be using a progressive controller. I just didnt have one for the run!

Wouldnt that help alot too?

Quick Reply: check out my A/F on 200 shot.