Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG shots on ls1 block

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG shots on ls1 block

I am currently building my motor and am having second thoughts on how nitrous it will actually be able to take. Im going all forged internals h-beam rods billet mains arp studs and sleeving it. Which do you think would be strongest with big shots of nitrous dry or wet sleeves? I am going to a 427 with the ls1 block but i am worried about how much nitrous it will actually be able to handle. I am going to be running a bs3 and a stand alone fuel cell. Who on here is running big shots with the stock ls1 block?
Old 06-10-2006, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the same set up and 200 pills are just fine. I have not seen anyone go bigger then a 200 but that doesn't mean you cannot. Are you sleeving with Darton sleeves? I would not go dry sleeve from everything I have read.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Teching In

I wanted the dartons but my engine teacher said i could go with la dry sleeves to save some money. But i think im definitely going with dartons i would like to do a 300 shot on a progressive controller but i just dont want all the money i dumped into the vette go to waste.