Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window switch rpm question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Window switch rpm question

I have a 100 wet shot set up. Used it last night at the track or think I did anyway but no sure it fired off correctly. I have it set for on at 4000 rpms and off at 5200 rpms with 1st and 2nd locked out. Should I feel that kick me back? I think it hit as I was losing and then I jumped ahead but it was not like WHAM hold on we're taking off now. DO I need to run the shot longer? Also I thought I smelt clutch at the end of the run a little bit and that might account for lack of feeling too. Not sure. Bottle would build pressure to 900 easily before I used it now I cant get it there(900) so I'm guessing I used some N2o. It wasnt a full bottle to begin with. When the bottle is almost empty what do you do? do you ever use it completely up?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You surely should be able to feel it kick in. Why do you have it locked out of 2nd? I would run the shot longer if it were me. You should get the PSI up to 1050 as well. And since your bottle now seems to be empty, just open the bottle and let it all out into the air and then get a refill. Since you were at the end of the bottle, when you used it it may have been mostly air, which will not give the kick you really want. Get a refill and try again.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

did you get a lower et?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

I have it locked out of second thinking I might have traction issues. I spin when I hit second gear without the gas so I was thinking it would only get worse using it.
As far as an et for the run I was behind him at the 1/8 mile but running 5 mph faster.
My 60' was a 2.47 et was 13.68 to his 13.78. Time was this was one of my slower runs but the speed was still 108 like most of the other runs.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

dude, spend 500 bucks and get relocation brackets, boxed/tubular lower control arms, panhard rod, and subframe connectors. I bought mine from BMR. They deal with strictly suspension **** so in my mind that is who i would want to go with and i have heard great things. Ok, then it sounds like you need a set of mickey thompson et street drag radials. That would be around another 350 bucks shipped to your house. I am not trying to take away from your nitrous topic but i just wanted to share my opinion with you cause a 2.47 is an UGLY 60 foot time and i think that setup would definetly bring you back down in the 1.XX range. And as far as your nitrous goes, why not start spraying in the low 3,000 range in second gear and then cutting the nitrous out 200 rpms before your car shifts in each gear. lemme know what you think
Old 06-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HD1911
dude, spend 500 bucks and get relocation brackets, boxed/tubular lower control arms, panhard rod, and subframe connectors. I bought mine from BMR. They deal with strictly suspension **** so in my mind that is who i would want to go with and i have heard great things. Ok, then it sounds like you need a set of mickey thompson et street drag radials. That would be around another 350 bucks shipped to your house. I am not trying to take away from your nitrous topic but i just wanted to share my opinion with you cause a 2.47 is an UGLY 60 foot time and i think that setup would definetly bring you back down in the 1.XX range. And as far as your nitrous goes, why not start spraying in the low 3,000 range in second gear and then cutting the nitrous out 200 rpms before your car shifts in each gear. lemme know what you think
Yea my 60 is horrendous, I had nothing but trouble with that As far as suspension goes I've got all you mention except the relocation brackets, cars not lowered and I dont have wheel hop just 30 series tires
I definately think the MT's are in order but I was trying to save the stock 10 bolt. My budget just got cut completely so I'm kind of stuck right now. I am however looking for some cheap 15 inch rims and then a set of MT's or something.
As far as the spray I'll re-program it to come on at 3500 and shut off at 5800. I'm trying to shift at 6100, limit is set to 6300.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS

Yea my 60 is horrendous, I had nothing but trouble with that As far as suspension goes I've got all you mention except the relocation brackets, cars not lowered and I dont have wheel hop just 30 series tires
I definately think the MT's are in order but I was trying to save the stock 10 bolt. My budget just got cut completely so I'm kind of stuck right now. I am however looking for some cheap 15 inch rims and then a set of MT's or something.
As far as the spray I'll re-program it to come on at 3500 and shut off at 5800. I'm trying to shift at 6100, limit is set to 6300.
hey man that sounds good. I know that the previous owner of my 02 SS A4 was pulling like 2.0 or 1.9s on an almost stock car. i mean, i think if you could put all the power to the ground you would pull some gnarly *** 60 fts. I think that is a wise choice about making it come on sooner and end later. I think once you can make that car stick properly, you could even let the juice flow at 3,000rpm.