Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoke Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke Help

Hey guys....I bought my car with N20....only had 5 bottles ran through it, but does nitrous make your car run rich? ive owned it for about 2 weeks now, and i havent sprayed it yet (gotta get a refill) i smoke only when i stop and rev it, dosent do it at idle, and 2 mechanics think im just running a tad rich....Also i have a bad Cat on bank 2....so here are some questions.....will the bad cat make me run rich? are you suppose to run rich b4 you spray?
Old 06-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Properly setup no, you should be capable of running a 13.1:1 AFR NA, and then on the juice hit your target AFR, depending on power level is how I set mine up...for me its in the 10's but progressively drops down as the nitrous flows more.
I would fix the cat issue b4 spraying, a clogged cat will nuke your setup with or w/o juice. What color smoke? Black is rich, grey is oil, white is coolan for the most part. If your gray smoking at stops, it sounds like valve seals/valve guides and oil with compression and nitrous is not healthy, tends to induce KR.