Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of new bests on Sunday...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A couple of new bests on Sunday...

Well this is a combination of last weekend and this weekend. I figured I would just wait and make one post.

Here is a little recap of the runs last weekend...

First pass off the trailer ALL MOTOR with the nitrous spark plugs, nitrous converter and some timing pulled out, it went 9.98 @ 137 mph with a 1.44 60' . The 60' is slow due to the nitrous converter being very tight, but it still ran awesome. At least I am finally in the 9's on motor, and more to come later this year.

Next pass was the first time out with the nitrous system. I am running an NX Gemini Twin plate, jetted for 100 hp. I made sure the car was running a little fat(safe) and went from there. I had the nitrous coming on .1 sec after I let off the transbrake button. I launched, then got nervous cause of the wheels coming up and let off completely, then got back in and it pulled the wheels again and then I stayed in it. This pass it went 9.66 @ 145 mph with a 1.38 60'. It pulled the tires about 2 ft this pass before I let out of it and then floored it again It was a good run, but the car was really rich and it needed a little less timing.

My third pass was my final pass of the day We took out the .1 sec delay on the nitrous controller box so it would spray as soon as I let off the transbrake button. As soon as I launched I knew it was going to be a handful The front end just kept coming up and up and up. It ended that the front tires were eye level (between 5' and 6' high It bent the license plate, scraped the bottom of the bumper all up, and then came down HARD. I ended up only tweaking the steering rack mounting bracket a little. Nothing like seeing all sky and thinking OH $HIT. I have inculded a view videos here also.

Yesterdays recap..

I went back to the track yesterday to try and get a full nitrous pass to see what the suspension is going to do with the limiters on the car. On the first nitrous pass, I had the limiters set for 3" of suspension travel and the front shocks set at 5, rears at 4 I think. I had the nitrous coming on as soon as the tranbrake released, and it hit hard and still came up high. The front wheels were over 3 feet in the air and it carried them past the 60' line. I got out of the gas cause I thought it was pulling a little in the air, got back in and it went 9.82 @ 143 with a 1.29 60'.

Last pass I tightened the front shocks a little more and with everything the same it went...

60' - 1.33
1/8' - 6.07
1/8 - 114.34 mph
1/4 - 9.52
1/4 - 143 mph

I am very happy with the Madman limiters and his SYAB's that i ordered last week just in case. After the race in Memphis I will be putting a 200+ shot on it and going for 8's

Here are 2 videos from a WEEK AGO..... Yesterdays runs will be uploaded tonight...

Please right click and save as (Big file)

Motor and Nitrous run 9/15/2007

Wheel stand video
Old 09-25-2007, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice passes