Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few quick n20 questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a few quick n20 questions...

ok not tryin to sound like an idiot but i just wana make sure im doin everything right. so i got a n20 kit from a guy off here and it was a msd window switch but both the blue and red wires have been cut if i wire those back together blue with blue red with red should work right no problem? and whats the best thing to use for sealing all the fittings?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Banned

The wires you're talking about are for 4/6 cyl. use. Yes, splice them back together, blue to blue, red to red.
As for sealing, the paste is usually preferred however I used the tape. If you use tape, make sure you start the wrap about two or three threads from the end. The problem with tape is that if can get pieces of tape into the noids/jets. That happens when you wrap too close to the end.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Yes, the red and blue wires are for the cylinder mode. Verify with the instructions to determine which one is which and what mode the window switch needs to be in. Most manufactures offer their instructions online.

Use either teflon paste or red loctite for the fittings. Remember it only needs to be applied to the NPT fittings, not the AN side (the end with the 37* taper). And as stated above don't use teflon tape.

Nick