Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Value of a roller?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Value of a roller?

Just curious, thinking about selling my Camaro, depending on if it's actually worth anything or not, lol. What do drag car rollers usually go for? Mine has a Wolfe cage, certified for 8.50 and slower (as of Friday), moser 31spline 9", spohn tubular ls1 k-member, other than that, not much else to talk about. No engine or trans would go with it, the th400 is probably worth more than the car! My guess is it's worth jack squat and I'm stuck with it. Finding I can't afford to finish the car
Old 07-14-2013, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

I paid 2,200 for a 99 SS roller w just under 80k on the body. No motor/trans, clear title. Turbular k mem and upper/lower ctrl arms. cowl hood, LT headers, TD exhaust, driveshaft, complete interior, wiring harness. Motor blew w previous owner putting too much nitrious thru it. Vette wheels w kuhmo tires up front and nitto DR out back. Thought I got it for a decent price. Hope this helps u w a baseline
Old 07-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Teching In

It depends if you have it setup to race and it's legal to run as low as 8.5 and it looks good you could get up to $3k for it if it's ready to go! There's a lot of ppl out there looking for a drag car they can put there drive train in Motor/Trans if you have a built rear end and it's all set up to handle the HP it will take to go 8.5 in the 1/4. Do you have pic's of it?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rollers dont sell for much, even less if they are original V6 cars. Best to part it out and get scrap value for the body if ur just looking to get rid of it. Or just keep it until things turn around for ya. I've had my car since 99 and its almost been sold many times. Sure glad I didnt sell it though. Otherwise I'd just have memories of it and it would be just another "god I wish I still had that ride". I have too many of those already so this car will most likely go the grave with me lol..

Mike
Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a 10 bolt and stock k-member I would sell you for cheap then part it out.

Quick Reply: Value of a roller?