Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Exhaust and pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust and pricing.

So about a month ago I picked up some LT's off a guy up in the PDX area. He had pulled them off a donor LS he was dropping in a BMW that they wouldn't fit in. Long story short, they're actually pretty nice in quality, 1 7/8 primaries, and cleaned up nicely. Bad thing is, there is no brand, no part number, nothing on them. So where I am now is I need a full custom exhaust from the headers back. I got a quote here in town (McMinnville) of $555 for complete mandrel bent 3 inch back with a magnaflow muffler. I don't know if this is a good price or not, hence why i'm here. I know he does good work, he did my buddy's big block 69 C20. If this isn't the best of prices, do you guys have a prefered shop that can get it done?
Old 07-22-2014, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a great experience with Punks Muffler here in Vancouver when I needed a new muffler installed in a pinch. The same can not be said about another local shop that refused to install my own muffler simply because I didn't purchase it from them. Found this out after making an appointment, dropped off vehicle AND making arrangements to have a co worker pick me up and drop me off at the shop.

I haven't priced out a full system in a very long time but that price sounds reasonable for a full exhaust with new muffler.

Mike
Old 07-23-2014, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhaust Specialties in Tualatin ask for Martin he did true duel cat back with flow masters for $550 on my lt1 caddy
Old 07-23-2014, 03:46 AM
Teching In

I can't imagine this being all too sensitive of a subject but where do these shops stand on not putting in cats? The first shop I went to didn't seem to have an issue with me not having cats, but I previously visted another that wouldn't quote me because he wouldn't do an exhaust without cats.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Most shops won't do it if you don't have cats unless you love in a area that doesn't have DEQ..they face a huge fine if they get caught..there is a place call evolution auto in Keizer that will do a custom exhaust for ya..
Old 07-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Teching In

I live out of the DEQ areas, so for me to not have them personally is no issue, but I understand the liability for the shop.

Quick Reply: Exhaust and pricing.