Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Street car racing! May 23rd Woodburn

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by swoop
Sept. 12 is the next drag event. There are a couple autocross events some of the guys are going to do too.
Why so long between the drag events? I take it there was no "heads up" event formed? Who/what, was the quickest time of the bunch?

Sounds like a ton of fun. Wish there were more of these throughout the summer...... My junk will be ready for September if it's not broke by then.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Why so long between the drag events? I take it there was no "heads up" event formed? Who/what, was the quickest time of the bunch?

Sounds like a ton of fun. Wish there were more of these throughout the summer...... My junk will be ready for September if it's not broke by then.
If I had to guess I'd say that's when Kris could get on the schedule. Woodburn has a ton of specialty classes/races going on.

I think the heads up race will be next year, Kris was waiting to have a decent group of cars in the same range before doing a Heads up race.

I was the quickest this time, ran 11.50's on motor. There's a few of us that can go faster but don't have the safety stuff/roll bar ect. If I can get a bar in by Sept. I'll probably spray mine, it should run mid 10's at least.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I hope my bar gets here sometime this summer, but I doubt I'll drive the 90+ miles to compete. If I run I'll tow it just in case
Old 05-27-2015, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fat Jesus 808
I hope my bar gets here sometime this summer, but I doubt I'll drive the 90+ miles to compete. If I run I'll tow it just in case
We had some guys trailer to the meet spot and have a friend drive the tow rig to the track. I don't blame you for not wanting to chance it. I used to do 120 miles each way, I was so worried about breaking it took the fun out of it.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

If I had to guess I'd say that's when Kris could get on the schedule. Woodburn has a ton of specialty classes/races going on.

I think the heads up race will be next year, Kris was waiting to have a decent group of cars in the same range before doing a Heads up race.

I was the quickest this time, ran 11.50's on motor. There's a few of us that can go faster but don't have the safety stuff/roll bar ect. If I can get a bar in by Sept. I'll probably spray mine, it should run mid 10's at least.
I think I might know Kris. Does he drive that Firebird and is friends with Cody? I think I may have met him at one of Cody's BBQ's several years back. Would be really cool to get a heads up class going.

Originally Posted by Fat Jesus 808
We had some guys trailer to the meet spot and have a friend drive the tow rig to the track. I don't blame you for not wanting to chance it. I used to do 120 miles each way, I was so worried about breaking it took the fun out of it.
This is one of the reasons I don't race at Woodburn much. Being from Vancouver, it's a bit of a trek for me as well. Has Kris considered any events at PIR? I like Woodburns track prep better but if racing at PIR gets more people involved, might be worth it?
Old 05-27-2015, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah same Kris, I haven't heard anything about PIR so I doubt it. I think one of the auto x deals is there though.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah same Kris, I haven't heard anything about PIR so I doubt it. I think one of the auto x deals is there though.
Maybe he'll want to do one at PIR if enough people make a commitment to it. A legit trophy may be out but sneaking another event in shouldn't be that hard.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Hello all. Some of you I recognize: Brian, Robert, Jay, and Mike. I figured I should create an account so I could help Brian and Robert with spreading the word and answering questions.

Mike, I saw you ask about a PIR date. I'm not saying no, but the problem is trying to organize a bracket race within their normal operation. And trying to get it done within their curfew. I made the schedule with Woodburn back in November to make things work, logistically speaking. It would be pretty easy to just have us get together for some T&T and heads up racing though. Good to see/talk with you again BTW, its been quite a while. Hope things are going well for you.

The reason for the gap between events is because some of the guys showed interest in the "NW Drag Tour" event that is going on, so I set that time aside next month. And we have an autocross on the schedule for July and August. I have tried to limit events to once a month to prevent "burn out", and to keep costs down for everyone. Sadly, our first event of the year was rained out. I hope that clears things up, but I kind of doubt it, lol.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1967Birdman
Hello all. Some of you I recognize: Brian, Robert, Jay, and Mike. I figured I should create an account so I could help Brian and Robert with spreading the word and answering questions.

Mike, I saw you ask about a PIR date. I'm not saying no, but the problem is trying to organize a bracket race within their normal operation. And trying to get it done within their curfew. I made the schedule with Woodburn back in November to make things work, logistically speaking. It would be pretty easy to just have us get together for some T&T and heads up racing though. Good to see/talk with you again BTW, its been quite a while. Hope things are going well for you.

The reason for the gap between events is because some of the guys showed interest in the "NW Drag Tour" event that is going on, so I set that time aside next month. And we have an autocross on the schedule for July and August. I have tried to limit events to once a month to prevent "burn out", and to keep costs down for everyone. Sadly, our first event of the year was rained out. I hope that clears things up, but I kind of doubt it, lol.
Hell yeah, I'd be up for a T&T night at PIR. Probably gonna have to be after mid-July for me. Still have lots to do on the black car, but it's getting closer.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Registration is closed for drag tour and as far as I know imthe only one from street car participating so dont hold out on a possible July/august make up event on my account.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I wish they hadn't done it that way. I wanted to go but can't commit that far out.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Maybe they'll make an exception for you since your car is on the poster!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nogomofo1970
Maybe they'll make an exception for you since your car is on the poster!
I know Right? How pitiful is that, cool as **** to be on the poster but not going to make the race.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:48 AM
Teching In

I didn't realize that registration is closed. I thought it was pre-registration that had closed, and that you could enter later for an additional cost, or without the t-shirt, something like that. I found some of the information to be a bit difficult to understand. Maybe its me though.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Hopefully thats the case . I was just going off of what they posted on facebook.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:48 PM
8 Second Club

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

My car has been down two weeks waiting on PTC to "adjust" my torque converter. Prob be down 3 more.....
Pissed!
But I'll come play when it's ready!
Or just run the vette.

FWIW, PIR needs participants. It's painfully slow there.

Ron
Old 06-01-2015, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Id love to check out your Nova but bring whatever you can. Hopefully we can convince you to hit up a Woodburn event too

Quick Reply: Street car racing! May 23rd Woodburn