Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

It's official...November 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official...November 23rd

Well it was just confirmed that my wife is pregnant and is due November 23rd. I am really looking forward to this step in my life but then again am pretty worried.

I really don't care wether it's a boy or girl as long as it's healthy and likes bowties. I just figured some of you guys could chime in with a little advice on making things go smoothly over the next 6 months or so.

Nate
Old 04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by taufern
Well it was just confirmed that my wife is pregnant and is due November 23rd. I am really looking forward to this step in my life but then again am pretty worried.

I really don't care wether it's a boy or girl as long as it's healthy and likes bowties. I just figured some of you guys could chime in with a little advice on making things go smoothly over the next 6 months or so.

Nate

Oh Congratulations!!

My only Advise is to learn two important words and use them often and wisely "Yes Dear"
Old 04-27-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Congratulations!

Get ready to not be able to afford that Z28. (<-- That's you, not the baby.)
Old 04-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Congrats! Kids are aresome...when they are out of diapers, lol.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A little thing i learned.....Go to her doctor appointments.Make time or whatever you must go. The pregnant women seem to be less bitchy and critical of the man that knocked em up.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Default Congrats!

In addition to Tom's suggestion of going to every appt possible (you can always step out of the room if there is going to be something going on that you are not comfortable with) I suggest getting an expecting father's book - I think one is called "What To Expect When Your Wife Is Expecting". It may sound corny, but it will explain what is going on in her body and why she may burst into tears or tear you a new one for no apparent reason

Also, do NOT tell her she is just being paranoid if she has concerns. Don't diminish them ... you never know when she may be right. THREE TIMES I was right that I was in premature labor ... once I ended up getting a shot to stop it, once I ended up on meds for 8 weeks, the second time I had a preemie ... if I had not followed my intuition all 3 would have been preemie, and the youngest would have been alot earlier than he was. Women just seem to know if something isnt right
Old 04-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Banned

Thanks for the tips guys...

NautyAngel...we already have that book, and we've been reading it together...a lot more than i could have imagined. But thanks for the advice.

Nate

Quick Reply: It's official...November 23rd