Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

indirect amsoil question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default indirect amsoil question

I posted this in another section but I know there is someone here who sells Amsoil. Looking for honesty not just salesmanship and friends helping a friend. (No offense intended) Want to whats best for the car and Mobil 1 has been my choice since buying the car. But I've heard good things about amsoil and quieting down the valvetrain and engine noise.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/401068-simple-oil-question-here.html
Old 10-27-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I definitely wouldn't be trying to be a salesman here among the LS1 community... especially since with the discount I give here, I end up only making a couple bucks over my cost.

Anyhow, from my own observations and the observations of other people who use Amsoil, it does tend to quiet down some of the valvetrain noise. I have a cam with high ramp rates, and I did notice a reduction in noise over the previous oil I was using, which was Mobil 1 0w40. Not only that, but Amsoil has one of the best additive packages I've seen... I think only Redline compares, but Redline is a little more expensive.

That said, I don't think you can go wrong using Amsoil, Redline, or from the mass market, Mobil 1 (but in the 0w40, the 5w30 seems to thin out too much for high stress applications in LS1s). German Castrol is good too, but you can't find it around here.

I'll let some of those around here who have purchased the oil speak up about their observations, since I know mine probably will be seen as biased.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about quieting down the valve train, mine didn't change after switching to Amsoil. It still sounds like a frigging sewing machine.

I was running Moblile 1 in the Euro Formula, 0w40. Great stuff. I switched to the Amsoil Euro in 5w40 and love it. My oil pressure is a few points over what it was. It used to dip a bit below 40psi at idle in gear hot. After I switched it has stayed a shade above the 40 mark, hot, in rushour.

Jason gives us a great cost on it. Plus, it arrives at your doorstep a couple days after ordering.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So its a full synthetic as well? Shoot me a pm with pricing and a recomendation for which if you dont mind. I was thinking 10w40. I'm not opposed to switching brands if its a better product.

Quick Reply: indirect amsoil question