Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anybody want to trade a GTO for a Z06? I'm going to be a daddy!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anybody want to trade a GTO for a Z06? I'm going to be a daddy!!

Wow my wife won't let me tell anyone until the doctor appointment, but the home pregnancy test came out bright blue and shes quesy, two weeks late so she's pregnant. I was worried about our age but we went off BC on our wedding which was only two months ago, I feel very blessed!!!

So since this is a car site, I'm SERIOUSLY torn on what to do with my car. I still owe quite a bit of money on it. The Z28 I'm probably going to keep because it is coming along nicely and don't really owe much on it. So I have three choices..

Keep the vette and buy a $2000 S10 blazer or something to get around in.

Sell the vette\trade it in on a 20k car like a GTO, trailblazer or a IS300 or something.

Sell the vette\trade in on a cheap car like an 04 Malibu classic for 9k or so.

Or I guess don't do anything and take the kid around in the vert... Don't know how safe that is though I know the coupes are safe cars but don't know about the verts.

It kinda depends on Jylas job to, I make enough to cover all of the bills but not a whole lot left over, she'd have to work if I kept the vette.

Decisions decisions. I'm very happy though its amazing how fast priorities change in 2 minutes waiting for a plus sign
Old 11-02-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Congratulations man. Too bad I don't have a GTO up my sleeve..
Old 11-02-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats! I wish I could help you out with the GTO...
Old 11-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Pathological Modifier

I'll trade ya! Wonder what my insurance would do?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Insurance on the vette is about 20 a month cheaper than the WS6 was. I think the WS6 was 104 and the vette is like 86. I pay 182 a month for both the z28vert and the vette and the vert I know is a higher insurance.

Kinda wierd how the vettes insurance is so cheap.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Congratulations.

My vote would be to pick up a decent but inexpensive third car like the S-10 blazer.
In the 2-Dr GTO a rear facing car seat was a real PITA. Family trips were done exclusively in the Pilot until he could be turned around. (20 pounds or one year, whichever comes first). The rear facing seats also take up a whole lot of room, so I would recommend picking up the seat your wife wants first, then testing it out in the various cars you decide to look at purchasing.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

CONGRATS Bobby! If the wife could drive a 6sp.....

Mark
Old 11-02-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by burbman
Congratulations.

My vote would be to pick up a decent but inexpensive third car like the S-10 blazer.
In the 2-Dr GTO a rear facing car seat was a real PITA. Family trips were done exclusively in the Pilot until he could be turned around. (20 pounds or one year, whichever comes first). The rear facing seats also take up a whole lot of room, so I would recommend picking up the seat your wife wants first, then testing it out in the various cars you decide to look at purchasing.
Congrats my friend.........I'm so stoked for you! Good times a comin' Seriously, It'll be way more cool than any car you could ever own!

But with the car dilemma! I agree with Burbman........You will miss your vette dearly if you let it go, even if you only drive it a few times a month or even less, you'll miss it. Anything with 2 doors will be a PITA to deal with, so get something reasonable that you can afford with 4 doors. You will have 8 months to look........plenty of time to save and wait. It'll be worth it. ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE MONEY YOU HAVE SUNK.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Default Congratulations!!

My son brings me more joy than anything else in the whole world. I wish you the same. The pregnancy, etc. can be stressful, even for us guys, but it's worth it.

Maximental
Old 11-02-2005, 08:23 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats! Like everyone GTO less I wish I could trade ya hehe
Old 11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ryan K
I'll trade ya! Wonder what my insurance would do?

Congrats on the good news, Wicked!

As for the insurance... My 91 vette costs the most in my household... that just ain't right! Its $20 more than the H2
Old 11-02-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats, I really love my little guy, wasn't sure when the wife said she was pregnant. Wouldn't change having him for the world.

Cory you got the motor out that thing alread!!! Sweet lord boy give me a call when you put it back in. I am pretty good at it now!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Pathological Modifier

As funny as it sounds, my insurance would drop $100 every 6 months....
Old 11-02-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gongrats & Ya might look towards something like a GTP they are quick but at the same time safe & lots of room for a growing family. Even getting something like a Montie you have lots of room in that back seat.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Congradulations Bobby! If I was you I would try to keep the Vette
Old 11-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Wow my wife won't let me tell anyone until the doctor appointment, but the home pregnancy test came out bright blue and shes quesy, two weeks late so she's pregnant. I was worried about our age but we went off BC on our wedding which was only two months ago, I feel very blessed!!!

So since this is a car site, I'm SERIOUSLY torn on what to do with my car. I still owe quite a bit of money on it. The Z28 I'm probably going to keep because it is coming along nicely and don't really owe much on it. So I have three choices..

Sell the vette\trade it in on a 20k car like a GTO, trailblazer or a IS300 or something.

Or I guess don't do anything and take the kid around in the vert... Don't know how safe that is though I know the coupes are safe cars but don't know about the verts.

It kinda depends on Jylas job to, I make enough to cover all of the bills but not a whole lot left over, she'd have to work if I kept the vette.

Decisions decisions. I'm very happy though its amazing how fast priorities change in 2 minutes waiting for a plus sign

Well i know everybody else is going to disagree with me but i would sell the vette and get a little 4 door beater. Once you are okay financially then get another Z06.

Reason I say this is that I just bought a house a few months back before i knew the wife was pregnant and we were fine. If anything happened to her i could cover all the bills but money would be REALLY tight.

Well low and behold my wife has been on bed rest for the last two months due to a few complications and such. I still have another couple of weeks until my daughter is here and my wife will probably take another six weeks or so off of work.

It adds up quick too with a new baby in the house. A whole bunch of stuff you have to buy. Hopefully my savings account will get us through until my wife goes back to work.

Think about the well being of your wife and child before a play toy.

But congratulations to you and your wife.

Nate
Old 11-02-2005, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1

Well if you do take Nate's advice and sell the Vette, Please let me know if you have any parts or anything that may be useful to me.........I hope you keep it, but don't forget your corvette brethren.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VIKING
CONGRATS Bobby! If the wife could drive a 6sp.....
Am I the only one that found that post hilarious??
Old 11-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Default Congratulations

My little ones have been my most expensive mods to date, but I'd pay twice as much without blinking. You are in for the greatest ride of your life. Enjoy!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Well i know everybody else is going to disagree with me but i would sell the vette and get a little 4 door beater. Once you are okay financially then get another Z06.

Reason I say this is that I just bought a house a few months back before i knew the wife was pregnant and we were fine. If anything happened to her i could cover all the bills but money would be REALLY tight.

Well low and behold my wife has been on bed rest for the last two months due to a few complications and such. I still have another couple of weeks until my daughter is here and my wife will probably take another six weeks or so off of work.

It adds up quick too with a new baby in the house. A whole bunch of stuff you have to buy. Hopefully my savings account will get us through until my wife goes back to work.

Think about the well being of your wife and child before a play toy.

But congratulations to you and your wife.

Nate

Sorry to hear your wife is having a difficult pregnancy. I'm worrying about that my self I'm so scared at some point something is going to go wrong.

Financially its not that things would be really tight, they would be tight for us. She shops alot, I buy alot of mods and starbucks, we go out to dinner and have wine etc etc. We are consumers, we'd just have to consume less Just not sure if the vette is worth that. I already stopped drinking starbucks a month ago so thats 90 bucks a month, I work from home and that was my daily outing but its a waste of money really.

I'm afraid if I sell the vette I'll always have an excuse not to get another one.

We'll see how things go the next few months.

Quick Reply: Anybody want to trade a GTO for a Z06? I'm going to be a daddy!!