Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

100.7 The Buzz listeners

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 100.7 The Buzz listeners

Anyone know WTF is going on with their station?

I just turned it on and there is a computer generated voice doing a countdown until 12:00 noon today. Apparently something is changing about the station at noon.

Haven't found anything about it in the news, or on the web.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know there is an annoncement on a new morning show for 99.9 at 11am they were hyping like R&R was going to get it.

Not sure what is up. They have been working with out a contract for months and killing in the ratings.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:46 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Only reason I care is because I like listening to Leykis every day, although I have to say I've been turning off 100.7 and listening to it on the internet lately because of their retarded censorship of his show. They chop out half of what he says, and sometimes you have no idea what is going on because of it.. any references to sex get the axe now for some reason. Cracks me up that he can PLAY the sound of a screaming orgasm... but can't SAY "screaming orgasm" on the air.

I don't care what they do to the station, as long as someone else picks up Leykis if they change formats. Maybe then I'll be able to listen to it without all the bogus censorship.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

I actually only listen for BJ now then go to Ricker most of the time depending on the mood I am in. I also listen on the net as NOTHING comes in out here in BFE
Old 11-30-2005, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

BJ IS the new morning show at KISW!

The catch is KISW is changing format to talk/rock

BJ, Ricker,The mens room, then Jolen

Will be interesting to see what happens at 100.7 at noon

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 11-30-2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:35 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Holy ****!!! I totally did not expect that one!

No wonder BJ wasn't on today... maybe they'll pick up Leykis, too. Men's room is a pretty good show as well.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:36 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
I like BJ, I will definitely listen to KISW from now on!

I think Tom Leykis is a sicko who will say anything to get listeners...He only says what he does to make people listen, he doesn't actually follow his own rules...which makes him one big phony in my book...Just my opinion of course
I listen to him all the time, and I've never heard a situation where he didn't follow his own rules. I love Tom, I have listened to him religiously for years.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like BJ, I will definitely listen to KISW from now on!

I think Tom Leykis is a sicko who will say anything to get listeners...He only says what he does to make people listen, he doesn't actually follow his own rules...which makes him one big phony in my book...Just my opinion of course
Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 PM
teh PuRpL3z

WTF, that's the second time I've posted here when it recorded my post before the one I'm replying to.

Wow, I just realized, no more Robin and Maynard in the morning... KICK ***! Never really cared much for Stern, and he's kinda gone downhill over the last few years.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

100.7 is gone forever. now computer generated Country station

I can not believe tom is gone! SOMEONE has to pick him up! Does anyone else stream him?

BTW Robin signed her on death warrant when she tried to have BJ fired good ridance bitch!

post up! http://blowmeuptom.com/leykisornot/L...action=refresh

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 11-30-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:19 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
100.7 is gone forever. now computer generated Country station

I can not believe tom is gone! SOMEONE has to pick him up! Does anyone else stream him?

BTW Robin signed her on death warrant when she tried to have BJ fired good ridance bitch!

post up! http://blowmeuptom.com/leykisornot/L...action=refresh
You can get the stream of Leykis off his website...

I totally agree on Robin, too... I'm just glad I will have something else to listen to in the morning now.

Funny, because I was joking with one of my co-workers earlier that they were gonna make The Buzz into a country station. Talk about fucked up.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 11-30-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

so the question is how do you make money in radio with out advertisers?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:10 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
so the question is how do you make money in radio with out advertisers?
I dunno, but without the only two things I listened to them for (Tom Leykis, BJ Shea) for all I'm concerned, they can rot.

Ding dong the witch is dead.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

BIG J SEATTLE , WA 11/30/2005

just got of the phone with entercom offices.

THEY SAID THEY HAVE TAKEN TOM OF THE AIR IN SEATTLE. I ASKED IF WE WAS GOING TO BE ON ANOTHER STATION, THEY SAID TOM HAS NOT BEEN PICKED UP ON ANOTHER STATION IN THE SEATTLE MARKET. THEY THEN HUNG UP ON ME.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:14 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Did you see this one?

Chris Tacoma , Washington 11/30/2005

Apparently they wanted the advertisers to know before you. The bastards..

And in typical commercial-radio form, just like that, with no warning, no goodbye, no nothing, a 10 year vet on the Buzz (Leykis) and a cult following morning show (Robin & Maynard) are blown out. Gone as of today. The women who hated Tom finally won and got rid of him in Seattle..Leykis 101 FOREVER!!

---------------
--------------------

Dear
Advertiser,

There are some exciting changes happening in Seattle radio today, and we wanted to share the great news. As KISW enters its 35th year as the Rock of Seattle, we are thrilled to announce it's getting a BIG injection of personality, beginning today. Now, a great radio station is about to become even greater.

The question on the minds of thousands of Howard Stern fans is: "Who will replace Howard Stern"? Who is big enough, bold enough and compelling enough to fill the shoes of the "King of All Media"? Well, as of today, those fans have an answer: The BJ Shea Experience will move from KQBZ to take over mornings from Stern! No one is better suited to follow Howard Stern than BJ Shea, a radio personality who has dominated Seattle mid-day radio ratings with adult men for a long time. Please join us on January 3 rd as BJ Shea unleashes his knowledge, wit and special brand of radio magic*mornings on KISW.

KISW furthers its legacy as the Rock of Seattle as The Men's Room also moves from nights on KQBZ to afternoon drive on KISW. When The Men's Room debuted on KQBZ in January, the audience response was immediate and overwhelming. In less than a year, the Boys from Baltimore have made an indelible impression on Seattle's adult men. We are excited to let you know that The Men's Room is now at a new time and at a new location*afternoons on KISW.

To round out the personality changes, current KISW afternoon drive host Ricker moves up to mid-days and will continue to rock the Pacific Northwest as only 99.9 KISW can.Clearly, the addition of The BJ Shea Experience and The Men's Room to KISW will result in the formation of a new kind of radio station*a mega-rock radio station*a combination of great rock music showcased by Seattle's highest profile radio performers.So, with all these personality changes, you might be asking"what happens to 100.7 KQBZ"?

Well, We'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family *100.7 The Wolf, Entercom's new Country radio station for Seattle and the entire Pacific Northwest. 100.7 - The Wolf is being unleashed at noon today and is gonna deliver a "Howl of a Good Time" to thousands of Seattle country music fans. We conducted extensive audience research which confirmed that 50% of Seattle's country music fans want a choice of country radio stations. Our research told us that Seattle is ready for a station like The Wolf. 100.7 - The Wolf is unlike anything on the radio dial in Seattle today. It is a hip, cool station that plays Country Music. Our talent will be fresh, fun, and contemporary. The Wolf will have an up-tempo, clever, entertaining attitude that will make the listener want to tell their friends about this new radio station. 100.7- The Wolf is targeted squarely at adults 25-54.

We are excited to announce that Scott Mahalick has joined 100.7 - The Wolf as program director. Mahalick is one of country radio's foremost programming talents. He was most recently VP of Product Development for Citadel Broadcasting and oversaw the development of 24 country radio stations across the country. Simultaneously!

We think that the timing is perfect for 100.7 - The Wolf. Country music is an integral part of pop culture.National ad campaigns use country artists extensively. Whether it's Toby Keith for Ford Trucks or Shania Twain for Revlon, national advertisers know these superstars have loyal fan bases that buy their products. We know that they will do the same for you and your clients. We invite you to listen to 100.7 The Wolf today and see what Seattle will be howlin'about.

Sincerely yours,
Jerry McKenna Vice President/Market Manager
Entercom Seattle
Old 11-30-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Streaming audio of Tom's show
Old 11-30-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

I love the mens show and will listen in the car to them but if I ahve a PC handy it will be ToM

Freaking tree hugging carpet munchers!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Update!

Tom, 10-2 starting tonight. Not My favorite times but after ten you can do and say ALOT more then durring the day
Old 11-30-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

That completely sucks. I noticed the stupid humanoid clock today too around 12pm.

I can't believe this bullshit. What is the frequency for KISW - Crap never mind.. 99.9 doh...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

I was emailed by 99.9 to say that BJ AND Tom will be on their station as of 1/3/06........doesn't give a time for his show but at least he will be on still for you die-hards.

Quick Reply: 100.7 The Buzz listeners